Author Topic: Hotel help  (Read 2799 times)

Offline jessicanparker

• Ankle Biter
  • Skuy & Ivy - the first meeting!
    • View Profile
Hotel help
« on: March 23, 2006, 12:37:29 pm »
Hi, Everyone!

I am trying to plan a trip to Madison, WI for a printmaking conference April 5-9 and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a cheap place to stay near the university. I will be driving up from Atlanta (yuck) and I need to same some money. I know that I haven't posted a lot on the board, but I read it like there's no tomorrow! Your help/advice is greatly appreciated!

Jessica

P.S. - Ivy & Skuy send lickies to all! ;D

Offline Rachel

• BPO Guru
  • Sophie
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel help
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2006, 01:19:01 pm »
have you tried www.expedia.co m or www.orbitz.com yet?  I usually have pretty good luck finding hotels on them.  Atlanta to WI  WOW!!!  How long is that going to take?  Oh yeah you can also try www.priceline. com.  Thats where you decide how much you want to pay or bid on a room and they find a hotel that will accept your bid.  I think that might be the best since you just want something cheap and it will let you choose a specific area and number of stars. I would start a bid at like $20 and see what happens.   I have never used Priceline myself but I have had coworkers who have had great luck with it.  One guy got a $200+ room in Germany for $50 a night!!!
Rachel and Sophie

My new venture...
www.seasidequi lts.etsy.com

My blog for Sophie, crafting, and life in general
www.seasidequi lts.com/blog

Offline jessicanparker

• Ankle Biter
  • Skuy & Ivy - the first meeting!
    • View Profile
Re: Hotel help
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2006, 01:24:07 pm »
Wow! That's a great deal! I will definitely try Priceline. I've looked into Expedia and Orbitz and the cheapest I can find is about $100/night.

The drive is going to be fun.  :-\ I'll be alone on a 13 hour trek. I've driven to Detroit from Atlanta alone and that was 12-ish hours, so I know I can do it...but it'll be boring!