Author Topic: Not on much.  (Read 7983 times)

lins_saving_grace

Re: Not on much.
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2006, 07:36:10 am »
I know I haven't been on BPO very long but my head has been where yours is at many times.  Its a tough call.  It always seems so much easier to stay.  But is easy always best?  I don't know yet either.  You are the only one that can make you happy.  Its a very tough call.  I hope you can do whats best for you.
You're right!  Easy is easy.  Easy isn't always the best. Easy is less expensive.  It's always quiet at the house except for that 30 minutes between when he gets home and falls into bed.  Does that make it right.  No...that makes it easy. 

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 07:48:40 am »
I agree with Holly I'd start going to women's counseling and get your affairs in order so you can leave.  I have two family friends going through the process up here and they are truly happy now that it's progressing.  They battled over the decision since kids are involved but they decided the emotional abuse from cheaters was enough so they got the best divorce lawyer in the state on their side and now can wipe their husbands out if they give them a hard time.  You deserve better than him and I'm sure one of the BPOers could help you get both dogs out if you wanted...someo ne could take one or both until you get settled.

But remember you are an awesome person who we all love so take care of yourself.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 08:18:43 am »
Thank you all so much for your support.  I really need all the positvity I can get and I know I can get it here.  I really really thrive on that you know. 
I know I don't deserve this...no one does. 
I have some money saved up.  I just always think of the conscequences.  If I leave he'll stop making the mortgage payment and I'll be in foreclosure too.  What happens to Lady.  What if he finds me.  What if what if what if. 
I am making plans though.  It's always been in the back of my mind.  I just never expected to go into this relationship thinking it would be temporary. 
My family is 600 miles away. So that's not an option.  not really.
And don't worry.  non sugar coated is good...and I can take it. :)  I'm like that too...nothing ever comes out sweet and nice.
I'm ready for anything but this.  I keep hearing myself say "welcome to the beginning of the end".  When he says he's spitting up blood I think maybe he has cirosis and it's almost over.  or when he gets really trashed he'll accidentally go off the side of the road and that would be a great quick fix.  I know the clock is ticking one way or the other.  I just gotta decide if I can wait out his.  I hate to even think it...but I know his days are numbered.  I would hate to see anything bad happen to him...but I know that's what he wants. 
You guys are the best!  You really really are.

Lin,
Have you thought about consulting with an attourney just to see what options you have? A lawyer might be able to help you figure out what you need to do to protect yourself and your furbabies and get out of there. Sometimes they'll do a consultation for nothing, even if it's over the phone it might give you some direction, you know? And even if your family is far away, might they be willing to help out financially till you get back on your feet?

Don't worry about Lady, the kidnap club will be more than happy to assist you with that ;)

As far as the end of days for your husband, without getting into too much detail, I know quite a bit about alcoholism. Alcoholism by itself kills you very slowly. They refer to it as suicide on the installment plan. It can take decades. I've known people who survived horrific car wrecks because they were so intoxicated. It's anyone's guess when it will get him, and it will eventually, but it could go on a LOT longer than any of us would want you to stay there.

Keep talking though, Lord knows you must need to and also you might gain some insight about how you're feeling just by talking about it a lot.

Hang in there girl, you'll get through it one way or the other. We'll make sure of that :)
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 09:30:53 am »
Everyone has given such good advise that I don't have much to add except - When is YOUR time?? You appear to be miserable and that isn't fair!!  As far as your fur babies go when you make your decision and let the board know I'm sure someone knows someone who will give your girl a wonderful home.  As far as waiting for something to happen to "him" I'm sure you know that the mean ones stay around for a long time - hopefully, he won't hurt anyone on his way out!!

Best of luck to you in making a very difficult decision

GR8DAME

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2006, 11:08:01 am »
I have no sage words of advise, at least no new ones that the BPO sisters haven't already thought of. I will simply add my support and say we are here for you.
Stella

Offline greek4

• Majestic Member
  • Kole with Maia, Baxter, Rocco, and Cody
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 11:50:06 am »
Just remember I am not too far away.  I am willing to take in a friend and/or a couple rotts, if you need to get away.
Thanks,

Emily and 1 husband, 1 boy, 1 on the way, and 4 crazy dogs

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 12:03:42 pm »
oh Lin - i am so sorry you are going through this crap!!! I've missed seeing the girls and your writings on BPO - but sooooooo understand!

Girl - you deserve to be happy! You deserve to be loved and cherished for the amazing woman you are!

Grab the girls (yes Lady too) and go! They will help you through this rough patch to happier days that are ahead of you!

Hang in there and please know me and "the kids" are sending positive energy your way!!!

take good care!

*edited for spelling*
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 02:20:15 pm by EllieAndBlu »

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2006, 02:09:04 pm »
Just remember I am not too far away.  I am willing to take in a friend and/or a couple rotts, if you need to get away.
yeah...you're only in chicago.  <sigh of relief>

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2006, 02:17:20 pm »
I think getting away is great idea!  Can you? 

It will help give you some perspective!  (and keep you safe!!)  What can we do to help??

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2006, 02:58:53 pm »

It will help give you some perspective!  (and keep you safe!!)  What can we do to help??

Have dogs...Will travel.  if I leave "temporarily" it's gotta be permanent.  there would be no turning back...which is really not a problem.  I'd never be able to go "home" again.
My only concern is Lady and not wanting to leave her behind.  That would be a big fight if I take her...but guilt if I don't.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2006, 03:01:40 pm by lins_saving_grace »

Offline Boobearsmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2006, 03:26:33 pm »
Lin, being with an alcoholic and cocaine abuser for 8 years is where I come from.  He never treated me right, chased me around the house with a butcher's knife and was always drunk on the weekends while I was home taking care of our newborn.  I may not know you well, but I know the situation.  Been there, done that.  Please, if you do nothing else, get out ASAP.  I did.  Got some things straightened out, called my parents, packed my bags and left before he came home from work.  To say he was surprised is the understatement of the century.  An alcoholic is a selfish person and cares for nothing but themselves and that bottle.  Two years later we're still in Family and Support court and I wouldn't trade these two hard years for anything.  He's finally beginning to learn about what he's done to me and our daughter.  Of course it took 4 DWI's later.  It got so bad that Child Protective even got involved because of his behavior, BUT, he's actually crawling out of the hole he dug himself and trying to do better.  Jail, unemployment and family court will do that to you.  And what have I gotten out of this?  The realization that I am a strong woman and don't need someone like him around.  You're that same strong woman.  Don't allow him to walk on you and do what he wants.  The best revenge I ever got with my ex was when he started dating, moved a woman in and she turned out to be the biggest mistake he ever made.  I just stood around and laughed.  It looks bad now, but it will be better.  That's just my two cents worth.  No man (or woman) is worth losing your self-respect for.

Offline Teamshredit

• Big Paw Certified
  • Aspen having fun near Mammoth Lakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2006, 03:47:17 pm »

Have dogs...Will travel.  if I leave "temporarily" it's gotta be permanent.  there would be no turning back...which is really not a problem.  I'd never be able to go "home" again.
My only concern is Lady and not wanting to leave her behind.  That would be a big fight if I take her...but guilt if I don't.

Take Lady...even if in a foster for a while. If he can't take care of himself who knows what will happen to her. I am coming from from a very biased point of view as i was in an abusive relationship 10 years ago. He was also an alcoholic and drug addict. I ran for my life from him one night, but came back for my kitten George. He's almost 10 now living with my parents and in good hands.  :) My ex died years ago from an overdose...I know George would not have fared well with him.  :'(
Zane - St Bernard/Shepherd mix
Aspen - Pyr/Malamute mix
Craig - Our Ridgie, has gone over the Rainbow Bridge

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2006, 03:48:45 pm »

Take Lady...even if in a foster for a while. If he can't take care of himself who knows what will happen to her. I am coming from from a very biased point of view as i was in an abusive relationship 10 years ago. He was also an alcoholic and drug addict. I ran for my life from him one night, but came back for my kitten George. He's almost 10 now living with my parents and in good hands.  :) My ex died years ago from an overdose...I know George would not have fared well with him.  :'(

Exactly.  I know he loves that dog.  He really does.  but he's never home.  And she deserves better than that.  I know i know i know it's weird to stay for the dog...but she's one of my girls.

Anakalia

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2006, 03:54:18 pm »
Lin, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this crap!  Everyone has given you such good advice, what else can I add?!  I just wanted to let you know I'll be thinking about you and the girls. ((((Hugs))))

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2006, 04:47:29 pm »
No new advice - just support.  We are all here for you, and will love you, and offer any help we can.  No matter what you decide.

Marsi
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*