Author Topic: Well... We survived the heat (HORRAY)  (Read 2187 times)

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Well... We survived the heat (HORRAY)
« on: April 05, 2006, 12:11:02 pm »
And for those of you curious... having and intact male in close quarters with a female is EXTREMELY difficult on them.  They dont eat, they cry, forget who you are, and they just pant and drink water...  I was 100% more concerned with the mess from Chara that I honestly thought Zero would be ok... Well, Chara was extremely clean and there was zero mess and she was 100% normal throughout the heat... but Zero, I honestly felt like I lost my dog for weeks :(

Besides the stress of the heat on him... I truly feel that both dogs truly missed each others company and longed to be back to annoying each other, laying in the shade, or guarding property together.

It was sooo funny putting them back together for the first time in weeks...they just ran and ran and you could see them smiling from ear to ear.

My neighbor also told me yesterday that Chara goes into the bay window the moment I leave the house and from what he notices with his coming and goings, she stays there until I come home.  People come by and look at her and she just watches until the admirers step onto my property... then she kindly tells them from behind the window to remain off the grass LOL

pic taken at my brothers house

Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Well... We survived the heat (HORRAY)
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2006, 12:14:49 pm »
Your dogs are so gorgeous!!! Poor Zero, but I'm glad you made it through it.  And maybe they'll appreciate each other a little more.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2006, 12:16:44 pm »
I'm so glad that's over for you. Sounds like it was crazy! I love all the pictures. Your dogs are gorgeous!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 12:19:20 pm »
glad to hear y'all survived!
p.s. LOVE the pics!

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2006, 12:27:46 pm »
So are you planning to breed Chara at some point?

Einstein parks himself in front of a window looking out onto our street and from what I hear from my neighbors, he stays there all day (and he, too, warns anything that crosses his eyesight that a big, vicious  :D  dog lives there).
Sarah

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2006, 01:16:20 pm »
I dont know what I am going to do... I really dont like removing organs LOL  Who knows
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2006, 01:33:12 pm »
I am so glad you make it semi-ok.  Dixie was fine but it made Sugar Bear crazy when she was in heat, but since I had him fixed they could still be together. Now only 6 more months and you get to do it again ???

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2006, 01:38:56 pm »
I'm glad that is over then...Poor Zero!...It sounds like it was really hard on him!...That's cool about Chara keeping gaurd while you are away...By the looks of things here my dogs just sleep until I come home but maybe my neighbors would tell me different...lo l!

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2006, 01:44:38 pm »
Babs, I'm so with you.  It's why I plan on only ever having males. 

Because (and I know this isn't LOGICAL, it's completely NONSENSICAL in fact, but it's still my gut feeling) I just feel like it's excessively invasive.  I mean really--what if at 13 my mother had taken me seriously when I said I didn't want to have a baby?  Should she have had ME spayed?? Maybe I would have been healthier, and not had migraines, and I definitely wouldn't have had the nerfball sized ovarian cyst...

Yes, I know it SHOULD be done.  I just don't think I could bring myself to do it!  I can't stand the idea of my dog being filleted, when I could just live with the inconvenience. .. ::)  Yes, I know something's wrong with me.  I just can't help feeling this way, though.  So it's all boys for me...because I don't feel bad a bit about the deballificatio n! 

Sheryl, Dogless and sad