Author Topic: breeder referral silly Q  (Read 1571 times)

Offline jaspers mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
breeder referral silly Q
« on: April 16, 2006, 01:53:42 pm »
Hi all,

Here's one for you.  If a person wants a pup, and asks a breeder who does not currently have pups, does the breeder gain anything from connecting her with someone else?

Someone out there is working very hard to find me a puppy, which is wonderful and I am ever so grateful.  The thing is, she doesn't know me and I was wondering why she would work so hard.  So is it, "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, be thankful you found someone friendly" or "Be careful?"

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
Re: breeder referral silly Q
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 11:56:53 pm »
Sometimes they do get a payment, usually not.  Sounds like you've found someone who is just being helpful as it is unlikely she has a payment agreement with a lot of breeders. 
Daphne

cricket36580

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2006, 12:16:48 am »
I would think it's for the love of the breed.  I have a breeder friend that is like that.  What kind of puppy are you looking for?

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 03:33:27 am »
I agree with Cricket.  Every breeder I've ever spoken to has always refered me on to a breeder who they think is doing a good job.  I think that a good breeder truly does it for the love of the breed.  It certainly isn't for the money!!

Offline jaspers mom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 01:49:16 am »
Thanks all, I'm starting to feel relieved.  Hubby wants a spinone and they're just not popular enough for most people to offer advice.  Everyone I have talked to has been really friendly, but the pessimistic side of me wonders if I would be friendly too if I was selling something.

Anyway, I think I just needed some reassurance.