Author Topic: Hot Seat #28....our Drama Queen.....Shawna (Mom2Sadie)...You're up!!!  (Read 15072 times)

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Your flying through these questions! Erin and I have both been waiting we thought you would be overwhelmed by all the questions everyone had posted, I guess not. Here are a few more.I'm a marketing person. I write for a living so this is nothin'!

Do you consider yourself a Daddy’s Little Girl?In some ways yes. Not in the stereotypical Daddy buys you everything way. But definitely in terms of closeness, who I call when something's wrong, stuff like that, yeah. I think my Dad probably thinks of me that way.

Do you consider yourself the oldest or the middle child?Tricky question. My sister was adopted because my mother had her when she was very young and in those days, there was a big stigma so my grandparents insisted on it. She found my mother years ago when she turned 18 but I only found out about my sister less than a year ago so it's taken some adjusting. I always thought of myself as the oldest for 25 years. And I probably always will to some degree, but I'm getting used to and enjoying having a big sister.

If you could live anywhere, where would you live?Concord Massachusetts

Did you grow up with religion? Would you say your religious today?I did grow up with religion in a strict Irish Catholic house hold. I have a lot of problems with the Catholic Church so today I would have to say that I'm spiritual (meaning I believe in a God) but I don't consider myself to be a Catholic at this point.

Do you like to cook? If so what your favorite meal to prepare?I am the worst cook in the world.I could complicate a peanut butter sandwich.

Who in your family is the best cook?My mom is definitely the best out of all of us. My grandmother makes the best chicken soup though. My mom can't even come close.

You don’t like seafood by the sound of it, what about chicken, pasta, beef, ect.?I like chicken, not a big red meat fan. I have to really be in the mood for it. Pasta is my world.

Where do you see yourself in five years?I can honestly say I have no idea. I try not to project that far ahead. I hope that I'm happy and healthy and that's all I can ask for.

I don't know how we are going to keep up with you!Bring it on!
Dear Lord,
Just for today, let me be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.

Shawna
Sadie the Newf
Gus and Maggie - Maine Coon Kitties
Lady the Boxer waiting at the bridge

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
MORE!!

Favorite toy as a child? I had a stuffed pig that I creatively named Piggy when I was little. I wouldn't go anywhere without it. My father once had to turn the car around and drive 40 minutes home to get it because I freaked out so bad.
What are your nicknames?  Some of my friends call me Tank, because I'm a tough chick (yeah right). I can't remember how I got that one. My dad calls me Bops, he has since I was little.
Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Absolutely not. That would require way too much effort.
What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Starbucks Java Chip - coffee and chocolate all in one
Last thing you ate? Does coffee count?
If you were a crayon what color would you be? Green
What is Your Favorite Dessert? Cappucino Silk Cake. That stuff is like crack, I can't stop eating it once I start
Favorite Smells? Fresh laundry, puppy breath, christmas trees, and the way it smells at holidays when everything is cooking
What is your favorite place in the whole world?Right on my couch with Sadie, Gus and Maggie all curled up with me. Nothing better than that.

Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
Here are some more to go with Erin's questions.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?

What is your best habit? Now the worst?

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?

What is your favorite word?

Does your Sadie take after you?

Do you believe in love at first sight?

What is your ideal date?

When is your B-Day?

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
What is your favorite type of meal?That's a tough one. I'm not a huge food person because usually I'm watching my weight for one show or another. I guess I like holiday meals, tons of food, the smells are great.

What do you want to be doing when you retire?I'd like to still be doing some theater. Hanging around with a couple of Newfs and kitties and possibly a man ;)

What do you want to do before you die?So many things! I'd like to travel to lots of different places. Africa is a big one on my list, Ireland as well. Lots of roles I have to play before I die, LOTS! I'd like to maybe direct a few productions. I have to try skydiving once too. That's a tough one, there's so much I want to do!

Are you a do it yourselfer or are you a supervisor?I'm a do it your selfer. I killed an infinite amount of brain cells when I first bought the house painting and cleaning it! Wouldn't let anyone help me!

What's your favorite candle scent?I like the Rose scented candle from Yankee Candle. So pretty.

Is Sadie going to appear in any plays with you?HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Ok, sorry, that was funny. Ummmm....proba bly not unless she has a frontal lobotomy and calms the HECK DOWN! Maybe someday, but not anytime soon.

Just how mad is your mother at you for becoming a crazy cat/newf lady?SO MAD! ::) I think she'd be ok with it if I had a husband to go along with the furry clan. I think the way she sees it, no man is going to want to deal with all those animals. She was like "One cat - maybe, two cats - pushing it, two cats and a NEWFOUNDLAND?!?!? What were you thinking?!" I can't wait to see her reaction if I get another one. :P

What breed of dog best represents you? why?Probably a German Shepherd. I love my family and my friends, but I'm suspicious and guarded of people I don't know and unfamiliar situations. And God help you if you mess with one of mine. I have a long fuse, but when I blow, that's it.

What wild animal best respresents you? why?Probably some sort of big cat. I've got 9 lives and needed every one of them!

What's your favorite breed of dog? why?I'd have to say the Newf. Goldens are a close second though. I just love the intelligence and the disposition of the Newf. Sadie is not your typical Newfie, but I don't think I've ever bonded with another dog quite like I have with her. Kerry was close, but it was a different sort of relationship. I love when she looks at me like "You are my whole world". I love Goldens though and I'll probably have another Golden at some point.
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Here are some more to go with Erin's questions.

What accomplishment are you most proud of?Buying my house. As much as I want to get rid of it, it was quite the accomplishment as a single 25 year old woman. I worked very very hard to get it, and I work very very hard to keep it. Doing it by myself is definitely what I'm proudest of.

What is your best habit? Now the worst?Best habit? Other than general hygiene ;) ummm...I guess calling to check in with my Dad every day. It makes us both feel better. Worst? Smoking. I started my freshman year of college to try to keep my weight down and I've tried to stop countless times since unsuccessfully . I hate it and it's getting VERY expensive.

What single thing would improve the quality of your life?A big raise. Or something like it. It can get tough trying to support yourself and two kitties and a Newf on one salary.

What is your favorite word?Mayhem. It's also the word I use to describe my house.

Does your Sadie take after you?Ummmmmmm...I don't know. We're similar personality wise but I think it's because I picked her. Her personality has always been that way, I think I've probably made her more nervous since I panic every time she sneezes.

Do you believe in love at first sight?No. I believe in attraction at first sight, but I think to really love someone you have to at least have said 'Hello'.

What is your ideal date?I'm a homebody. I'd rather stay in and cook dinner and watch movies than go out.

When is your B-Day?September 17th.

Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
Great to hear about the general hygiene :o. Here are some more ? since everyone else seams to be slacking. I hijacked some of your own questions.

Are you a neat freak or a slob?
What is under your bed?
What is the most extreme or adventurous thing you have done in the last year? How about ever?
Have you broken any bones?
What keeps you sane?
Do you have anything you splurge on?
What totally grosses you out?

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Great to hear about the general hygiene :o. Here are some more ? since everyone else seams to be slacking. I hijacked some of your own questions.They're not slacking, they just don't like me :( ;)

Are you a neat freak or a slob?I go through phases. Right now I'm a slob. Actually, since Sadie came home, it's been pretty messy around here.
What is under your bed?Right this second, two cats (yay! there's two!) who are DONE with Sadie right now, some shoes, furballs, a couple of books.
What is the most extreme or adventurous thing you have done in the last year? How about ever?I'm totally drawing a blank here, I'll have to think about it. I'm really not that adventurous
Have you broken any bones?Lots. Most of my toes and fingers at one time or another. Both feet, right shoulder, left ankle, a couple of ribs and my left hand was crushed in a car accident that needed reconstructive surgery. In my defense, I have tiny little bones. Ok fine. I'm a clutz.
What keeps you sane?My cats and Sadie, my family (although sometimes all of the above make me insane)Music is probably the biggest thing.
Do you have anything you splurge on?Manicure/Pedicure, necessary evils. Also handbags. I'm bad with designer handbags. I've been really, really good since I bought the house though, not that I've had a choice
What totally grosses you out?Sadie when she decides it's cool to eat things out of the litter box. And then wants to kiss me. Gross.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 06:21:53 pm by Mom2Sadie »
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
Speaking of toes how knarly is the one from two weeks ago?

Have you broken any bones?Lots. Most of my toes and fingers at one time or another. Both feet, right shoulder, left ankle, a couple of ribs and my left hand was crushed in a car accident that needed reconstructive surgery. In my defense, I have tiny little bones. Ok fine. I'm a clutz.

Hey, with that kind of predisposition to injuring your self, I hope you have incedible insurance. So are you on a first name basis with the Orthopedist yet.
I realized after I posted that someone else had already asked you about what was under your bed, oh well ::).

They're not slacking, they just don't like me 

I don't know how they couldn't like you :P your Sadie's Mommy. I will try to come up with some more  ??? today.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
If you could spend a day with anyone living or dead who would it be?
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
I love you....It's finals week though so it's a little insane!!

If you had to get a small dog what breed would you get?
Are you outdoorsy?
Bottled water or tap?
Favorite kind of soup?
Favorite type of cookie?
Favorite Disney character?
Favorite movie character?
What do you have in your purse right now?
Are you the type that is absolutely miserable when you're sick?
When are we getting together again?
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline PennyK

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
OK, can I play too???

Describe yourself in 3 words.

Do you have any favorite slogans or truisms?

If you had to change Sadie's name, what would you pick?

What is your sense of humour like?

If you won $250,000, would you consider that enough to share?  Who would you share it with?
Every girl needs a Teddy bear!

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
If you could spend a day with anyone living or dead who would it be?

Dead, I'd have to say my grandparents. Living would have to be my sister. I've just met her this year and she lives on Cape Cod so it's a hike for me or her every time I want to see her.
Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
I love you....It's finals week though so it's a little insane!!Thank goodness, I was starting to feel very unloved!

If you had to get a small dog what breed would you get?Cavalier King Charles Spaniel - I love them.
Are you outdoorsy?I would be if it wasn't for bugs, but as it stands I am petrified of anything with wings or more than 4 legs so I don't venture out much. That'll change with Sadie I'm sure.
Bottled water or tap?Bottled! I live in Lowell. Momma didn't raise no fool!
Favorite kind of soup?Broccoli Cheddar at Panera Bread. God, that stuff is great!
Favorite type of cookie?Standard Chocolate Chip, can't go wrong
Favorite Disney character?Winnie the Pooh, hands down
Favorite movie character?Corky from Waiting for Guffman, I pee my pants laughing at Christopher Guest, he's hilarious
What do you have in your purse right now?Wallet, car keys, house keys, CATS script, dog bones, cough drops, lip gloss, hair elastic, the kitchen sink...
Are you the type that is absolutely miserable when you're sick?No, not usually. I can be if I'm sick enough, but generally, I suck it up.
When are we getting together again?Whenever you like my dear!

Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Mom2Sadie

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
OK, can I play too???But of course!

Describe yourself in 3 words.Spunky, Clutzy and Fun

Do you have any favorite slogans or truisms?I always say "It will all come out in the wash" I stole it from my grandmother. She used to say it when I was little.

If you had to change Sadie's name, what would you pick?I can't imagine her name being anything but Sadie, but she was almost Bianca. It seemed to prissy and regal for her though, she's such a donkey ;)

What is your sense of humour like? Sarcastic, dry humor. I can be goofy if I'm running on no sleep though.

If you won $250,000, would you consider that enough to share?  Who would you share it with?It's enough to share. I'd share it with my family, close friends probably. And the furry ones, of course!

Dear Lord,

Shawna
Sadie the Newf

Offline Tspanos

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • Tim
    • View Profile
Some more love for ya ;D!

Can you keep secrets?

What's your handwriting like?

Gum or hard candy? Flavor?

Do you have any tattoos or piercings?

What did you read last?

Like/dislike reptiles, rodents, cows, horses, other livestock?

Favorite article of clothing?

Is your hair it's natural color?

Favorite actor? Actress?

What is the most romantic thing someone has done for you?

Do you still keep in touch with your childhood friends, how about highschool?