Author Topic: More feeling sorry for Ang  (Read 12351 times)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
More feeling sorry for Ang
« on: November 17, 2005, 10:38:55 am »
Matt and I, well mostly Matt, decided to take a break for awhile.  There were reasons (No he's not cheating on me or leaving me for anyone else).  He just thinks that everything was going too fast (Yeah dating for 6 years can sneak up on you), and he needs to be alone for a while.  There's other stuff too but it's kind of personal.  We're still best friends and we're still going to be together, just some things are gonna be different.  He said it's OK if I hang out with other guys, even though he doesn't want to date anyone right now.  I don't want other guys I just want him :(  I'm gonna see him tonight for the first time since "The Talk" on Wednesday night.

As for how I'm doing I don't really know.  I'm not all depressed and sobbing my eyes out.  I don't really feel like eating anything, I just don't feel comfortable in my own skin right now.  I just feel wrong.  I don't really want to tell anyone.  Everyone will be mad at Matt, and he doesn't deserve it.  He's being responsible for once, and he's gonna catch flack for it.  I called one of my old guy friends cell number.  I haven't talked to him in over a year.  I got his voicemail, and he hasn't called back so no hopes for that.  I dunno.  I just had to tell someone and you guys are always there.

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline BabsT

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: More feeling sorry for Ang
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 10:46:27 am »
OH MUFFIN!!!!!  That is terrible...I feel you pain I was on the other end of the specturm and me telling the now Ex that i needed time apart...

It was a rather odd feeling...not happy not sad just stagnant...

(((((hugs))))) from my giant teddy bear hampter...well dogs come in handy for times like this

if ya just want to rant and bitch...you go right ahead...i am here all day and willing to listen

I guess the best advice i was given is....'if you dont know what to do, dont to anything.'
Zero 23mth  Central Asian Ovcharka
Anchara 16mth old Caucasian Ovcharka

Kiahpyr

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 10:58:31 am »
I hear to listen has well. I'll be off and on all day. I have some relatives coming tonight, so I have to clean. UGH! I believe everything happens for a reason although have no idea why this stuff is happening to you right now. I'm sure it will get better soon. Chin up girlly!

Babs I love that picture of Zero!

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 11:51:17 am »
Ang, I am around all day as well, at work.  Let me know if you need me. 

I have been on both ends of the spectrum, and know that feeling of just kind of being numb, like nothing is really touching you.  Sometimes when emotionally overwhelming things happen, it is too much to deal with all at once, and you don't feel happy, you don't feel sad - you just don't feel anything.  It is normal to feel that way for awhile, and then you will feel however else you feel.  (OK, when I first wrote that, I accidentally wrote "Then you will feel WHOever else you feel", which is a whole other way to handle things"!  ;))  Just give yourself some time.

And you can't know how things will end up.  I have known tons of girlfriends whose guys had one last major freak-out and asked for time apart when they finallly realized how serious their feelings were, no matter how long it took them to do so.  You can't predict the future - just know that things will turn out exactly as they are supposed to, even if you can't see it at the time. 

Hugs from me, sweetie, and a cuddle from Ranger.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 11:51:50 am »
Aw, Ang! That sucks. But, its really um...big (?) of you to see his perspective and the responsibility he is taking.

Mark and I did the separation thing after 6 years, too. We were apart for a year, and now we're all back together and happier than ever. The time apart truly did us good, and we appreciate one another SO MUCH more now. I don't know if that helps you, honey, but I guess all I'm saying is that alot of good can come of a situation like this.

And hey, does this mean that you get a break from Araby, too?  ;) ;)

Always lookin on the bright side..... ;)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 11:54:27 am »
Poor Ang,
We love you and hope that things work out!
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2005, 11:55:22 am »
I have to agree. The only reason my husband finally asked me to marry him is because we broke up and he realized he couldn't live without me!

I just wish he would have told me about his family curse before I married him... :P
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2005, 11:56:55 am »
ooooh, Jeanne....what's the family curse?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2005, 11:58:58 am »
Just that nothing ever comes easy for this poor guy - and sadly, I get affected by it too. But this is Ang's thread, not mine so I won't bore you with all that. (thanks for caring, though).

I'm sure Matt's not cursed, but you might want to check that out before he realizes he can't live without you, Ang! ;D
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2005, 12:01:08 pm »
So sorry you are going through this. Everything will work out for the best in the end no matter what happens, although it feels like the end of the world. It you need anything just let me know.
Jenn

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2005, 12:03:12 pm »
Ang, we are here for you and send lots of hugs.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Nicole

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2005, 12:04:32 pm »
He'll realize it! If not, we'll have to all write a book about how amazing Ang is. We can each write a short essay describing her amazing wit, her keen insite into dog behavior, her top-notch orating skills, and HELLO? Can that woman bake, or can that woman bake?

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005, 12:06:02 pm »
Just that nothing ever comes easy for this poor guy - and sadly, I get affected by it too. But this is Ang's thread, not mine so I won't bore you with all that. (thanks for caring, though).

I'm sure Matt's not cursed, but you might want to check that out before he realizes he can't live without you, Ang! ;D
OMG Jeanne, Scott has the exact same curse, and I am not even kidding.  NOTHING ever goes right for him, and of course it constantly effects BOTH of us. 

Yes, Ang, make sure you check that out first!   ;)

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005, 12:10:03 pm »
And hey, does this mean that you get a break from Araby, too?  ;) ;)

Always lookin on the bright side..... ;)

Actually the ONLY thing I cried about when we were talking was "I still get to be Araby and Hobo's mommy right?"  She's like a teenage daughter.  Life would be so much easier if you could kill her.  And no one would really blame you for it.  But you'd miss her if she wasn't around ;)

When Matt and I were dating for about a year we had a huge fight and didn't speak for 6 months.  Then I was out with a mutal friend of ours and Matt called.  The friend said he was out with me and Matt told him to bring me by the bar (I didn't know it was Matt till we were halfway there.  Then I had to pull over and Ryan had to drive I was shaking so bad). 

The main reason he wants a break is he has to figure himself out.  Right now he's being what everyone expects from him.  He wants to finish school and be able to afford the big house (He knows that doesn't matter to me, but he wants it for him).  He said that he's only 23.  He still likes going out and drinking till 4 AM and then going to work for 6 AM the next morning.  He said that's not fair to a relationship.  And it's not.  He said he doesn't know if he's gonna be ready when he's 25 or when he's 30. 

Another thing is he saw his Ex (I don't like her, she's hurt him badly many times in the past) and he still loves her and it confuses him because he knows how bad she is for him.  I have a theory about this.  Every time he talks about her he talks about his history.  99 times out of 100 he will later talk about how every part of his past is gone, all his friends left ect.  I don't think that he loves HER as much as he loves what she REPRESENTS.  She represents his carefree pre-divorce period.  When he had tons of friends, went partying all the time and his family had money.  Just my theory.  I pointed out to him that he has NEVER hung out with her and not drunk.  ALOT.  He agreed.  He said honestly he'd been thinking about this before he even heard from her.  (Which is true because he had been dropping hints like he didn't know if he wanted to do Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family this year.  I just thought it was because my family is nuts)

It's just weird.  I have like no guys that I can hang out with that aren't friends with Matt.  And the ones that ARE friends with him are not going to be happy with him (They love me more than him, what can I say?  I'm friggin adorable!) so I kind of don't want them to know right now. 

Thanks for understanding guys.  I made a "Commercial" (I needed something to do) to promote myself.  Feel free to distribute it to attractive young men in your geographical area.

http://s54.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3278SINVZFWUX3HMFPW99KP3BI

(Once you DL it, just hit F5 and it'll automatically play.  If you just go through the slides you miss the music.  Then it's just DUMB!)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2005, 12:35:17 pm by Anky »
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005, 12:26:07 pm »
Oh. My. God.  That's it - it's official.  You complete me.   ;D