Author Topic: BPO PHONE CHAIN FOR RITA  (Read 18037 times)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
Re: BPO PHONE CHAIN FOR RITA
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2005, 01:21:19 am »
Has anyone heard from Blair? Please post if you do.

What about Jeanne? Has she been evacuated?

Deena

dohertyswissy

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2005, 01:41:41 am »
Blair told me that she was leaving late last night.  If I had to guess, she is probably still stuck in traffic, according to all reports.  I'll try to get back in touch with her this evening. 

Moni and Ang - Have you guys heard from Blair yet?

I'm not sure about Jeanne.  Tina - you have Jeanne's number, right?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005, 02:43:23 am »
Here I am! Couldn't get on BPO this morning and I was FREAKING OUT!!  My husband left for Tennesee and now this thing looks like it's going to whop us like it whopped Mississippi & Alabama - definitely not as bad as it's going to hit Texas, but the shingles on my roof are already half off and I am ALL ALONE (well, except for the 4-leggeds - thank God I have them!). I'm PM'ing my phone # to Swissy and Tina has it. Please PLEASE check on me. I'm so scared. I still have to dig up a guy-friend to put my boards on tonight.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Nicole

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005, 02:47:24 am »
I PM'd Blair my number a few days ago.

I've got Jeanne's number...so I'll be checkin' on ya, Jeanne!!!!

Anything else, just let me know!

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005, 02:47:37 am »
Does somebody have your number so we can stay in contact?  We have the phone tree set up for Blair.....

Best of luck and we're all with you in spirit!  How are the four leggeds taking it????

Kiahpyr

« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2005, 02:51:01 am »
Stay safe everyone. I can make calls to if needed just let me know.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2005, 02:52:59 am »
Does somebody have your number so we can stay in contact?  We have the phone tree set up for Blair.....

Best of luck and we're all with you in spirit!  How are the four leggeds taking it????

How should I know? They're always crazy!!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2005, 02:53:07 am »
Jeanne,

You need to get out of there. Do you have family or friends up north? Or do we need to find someone to take you in? If you wait...you will have the same problem Blair and many others in Texas have right now, 2mph driving on major highways. The worst thing that could happen is for you to get stuck in the car when the hurricane hits. Don't forget those extra 5 gallon gas tanks in the trunk of your car.

The good news may be the Rita is still plasying games and may be now moving directly west and hit between Brownsville and Corpus, so could miss you. But, after what you saw in New Orleans, do you want to chance it? If you need us to remind you what to pack"cuz you're a bit nervous, just ask.

Let us know what you need.

Deena

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2005, 02:55:39 am »
Moni spoke to Ben (Blairs husband) either today or last night, she went to her parents house, didn't say where it was though.  He gave her their cell and houe numbers, but was rushing out the door for work.  He said thanks for the thoughts and prayers, they're going to need them :(

BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2005, 02:59:36 am »
Deena, I appreciate the sentiment, but it's the same story - where am I gonna go with 16 animals? They won't all fit in my car and I am NOT leaving them behind.  If the storm stays the course they think it's going to, we will probably remain on the outside edge of the bad stuff. We'll get tropical storm winds and probably the same kind of damage as last time. My house is really in no danger of flooding so that's one good thing.

The close family I have is my sister in New Orleans, but her house is unlivable right now due to Katrina so she is in Jackson, MS. If this storm turns any more towards the east, I might load everyone up on top of each other in my little Kia and head over there, but the roads are already so crowded.

My theory is if I worry all night and think about the worst thing that could possibly happen, then that's what definitely WON'T happen. It's pretty much worked for the last 35 years of my life.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2005, 03:01:55 am »
Okay.  I'm worrying with you so we can get double the protection from the curse.  If it's worked for 35 years, it's got to work  a few more days!!!

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2005, 03:09:38 am »
Jeanne,

A 50' storm surge is what they predicting, are you certain you want to stay? They can predict anything they like, but a hurricane is like a spinning top, it doesn't always stop where you expect it to. If you do want to go, isn't there a friend or neighbor who can help you evacuate your fur babies?

Whatever you decide we'll all hope and pray for the best.

Deena

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2005, 03:13:28 am »
They are not expecting much of a storm surge in Terrebonne Parish. If you look at Louisiana, go west from the "toe" that sticks down in the gulf, you'll see another small dip into the gulf then just to the west of that is a wider hump. That's Terrebonne Parish. The only reason they are expecting New Orleans to flood again is because the levees are already compromised and basically patched back together with string and scotch tape. We're a little higher above sea level and slightly more inland. I'm more worried about the wind than the water.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2005, 03:16:18 am »
Jeanne,
We'll be sending prayers down your way also!  :(  These hurricanes are just unbelievable. 

Regarding Blair,
I just called the number that Ben had given me and someone answered  (blairs' dad??? not sure)  said they're out looking for rooms, but everywhere is full.  He said that Blair will either call me back later, or I'm welcome to call in a couple of hours.  She wasn't with him right then, but was out searching for a place for them to stay at.

I'll let you all know as soon as I hear from her.
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

dohertyswissy

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2005, 03:17:08 am »
Blair gave me a friend's cell number...so, I hope that is still the right number? 

I got your PM Jeanne.  I will definitely be checking in on you!!

Hugs!!!!