Author Topic: BPO PHONE CHAIN FOR RITA  (Read 18382 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: BPO PHONE CHAIN FOR RITA
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2005, 10:29:21 pm »
Oh, LIns!! I feel so bad for your brother. Those traffic jams look horrendous. We had that here last year for Ivan, but they fixed it this year by starting contraflow early. Houston will learn their lesson for next time. I saw on the news this morning that they had tanker trucks going out there to fill people's cars up again 'cause they were running out of gas just sitting there. You'd think there had never been hurricanes in the south before!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2005, 10:37:58 pm »
It'll be interesting to here his take on all this.  he told mom and dad that he had a 3/4 tank of gas and should make it to Dallas.  But he's out and on his way.  I wouldn't have the patience for traffic like that.   Neither does he actually.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 22, 2005, 10:41:23 pm »
They keep saying they expect us to get tornadoes - that's the LAST thing I need. I already expect to get ceiling damage in my bedroom from that stupid tarp coming off and all the "torrential downpours" they expect to hit us. I don't need a tornado to come by and totally take off my roof.

Hold on... just heard a loud noise outside. Let me go investigate...
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #48 on: September 22, 2005, 10:44:59 pm »
isn't it going around you down there? 

What was it?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 22, 2005, 10:49:59 pm »
We're getting the east side of it coming through - northeast side of it right now. Not only is the tarp up, but the tarpaper in that corner is up now, too. I had a friend offer to go up and tack it back down, but I don't think it's worth risking his life. I lost another shingle too. Less work for my father-in-law next week! hee hee.

I think the noise I heard was the top of one of my banana trees falling on the roof of the shed.

It's getting pretty windy!

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 22, 2005, 10:58:44 pm »
Oh, and I saw the DUMBEST thing while I was outside inspecting the roof. A family was walking down the street in the wind and rain: dad in shorts and a t-shirt, no shoes. Mom in shorts, t-shirt, sandals, coffee cup and no umbrella.

Baby boy - about 2 years old in sandals, diaper and t-shirt carrying an umbrella he couldn't hold onto because of the wind.

Little girl, about 7 in sandals and nightgown with broken umbrella. Mom and dad were laughing and kids looked terrified.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #51 on: September 22, 2005, 10:58:46 pm »
you guys going to be ok down there?

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 22, 2005, 11:00:24 pm »
We'll get through it. I'll keep you updated as long as I can. Hopefully we won't lose power again. That sucks! I got into MAJOR BPO withdrawals. It's not pretty. Gotta take the beagle out before he pees on something.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 22, 2005, 11:49:06 pm »
Maybe we should just start a joke line.....keep send you funnies to keep your mind off what's going on out there!   

What STUPID parents!!  Yeah, let's take the kids out in a hurricane and let them feel the elements!

Some people outta be neutered!!!

dohertyswissy

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2005, 11:52:35 pm »
Good idea Newflvr! 

I just heard the WORST joke ever.  You guys ready?? 

"What do they call a earthquake on Mars?  A Marsquake!"

Told you it was bad.  I'm living proof that the movie "Office Space" is very accurate.....

Further proof that some people shouldn't procreate...

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2005, 11:55:31 pm »
let's make her giggle!
>
>> A man is at work one day when he notices that his
>> co-worker is wearing
>> an earring. This man knows his co-worker to be a
>> normally conservative
>> fellow, and is curious about his sudden change in
>> "fashion sense." The
>> man walks up to him and says, "I didn't know you
>> were into earrings."
>> "Don't make such a big deal, it's only an earring,"
>> he replies
>> sheepishly. His friend falls silent for a few
>> minutes, but then his
>> curiosity prods him to say, "So, how long have you
>> been wearing one?"
>> "Ever since my wife found it in my truck."
>>

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2005, 12:10:53 am »
Okay....here's another one:

> Cuckoo Clock
Why females   should avoid a girls night out after they are  married!..

The other  night I was invited out for a night with "the girls." I  told my husband that I would be home by midnight, "I promise!" Well, the  hours  passed and the margaritas went down way too easy.

Around 3 a.m., a   bit loaded, I headed for home. Just as I got in  the door, the cuckoo   clock in the hall started up and cuckooed 3 times.  Quickly, realizing my   husband would probably wake up, I cuckooed another 9  times.

I was really proud of myself for coming up with such a quick-witted solution, in order to escape a possible conflict with him. (Even when  totally  smashed...3 cuckoos plus 9 cuckoos totals 12 cuckoos = MIDNITE!) 

The next morning my husband asked me what time I got in, and I told  him "Midnight". He didn't seem pissed off at all. Whew!! Got away with that one!

Then he said, "We need a new cuckoo clock."

When I   asked him why?, he said, "Well, last night our clock cuckooed  three times,   then said, "Oh. s#@%.", cuckooed 4 more times, cleared it's throat,  cuckooed another 3 times, giggled, cuckooed twice more, and then tripped  over the coffee table and farted."

« Last Edit: September 23, 2005, 12:14:16 am by jabear »

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2005, 12:13:31 am »
hahahahaha! Thanks so much for that morning laugh. I just about spit up my juice. hahahahahah
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2005, 12:23:54 am »
Love the cuckoo clock story!!  ;D

dohertyswissy

« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2005, 01:17:04 am »
LMAOROTF!!

How's it going over there Jeanne?

Another funny....

Woman's Revenge
"Cash, check or charge?" I asked, after folding items the woman wished to purchase. As she fumbled for her wallet I noticed a remote control for a television set in her purse. "So, do you always carry your TV remote?" I asked. "No," she replied, "  but my husband refused to come shopping with me, and I figured this was the most evil thing I could do to him legally."

Marriage Seminar
While attending a Marriage Seminar dealing with communication, Tom and his wife Grace listened to the
instructor,  "It is essential that husbands and wives know the things that are important to each other."

He addressed the man, "Can you describe your wife's favorite flower?"
Tom leaned over, touched his wife's arm gently and whispered, "It's Pillsbury, isn't it?
The rest of the story gets rather ugly, so I'll stop right here.

Wife! Vs. Husband
A couple drove down a country road for several miles,  not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an argument and neither of them wanted to concede their position. As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats, and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically, "Relatives of yours?"
"Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."

Words
 A husband read an article to his wife about how many  words women use a day... 30,000 to a man's 15,000. The wife replied, "The reason has to be because we have to repeat everything to men...
The husband then turned to his wife and asked, "What?"

Creation
 A man said to his wife one day, "I don't know how you can be so stupid and so beautiful all at the same time.  " The wife responded, "Allow me to explain. God made  me beautiful so you would be attracted to me;  God made me stupid so I would be attracted to you.