Author Topic: What is the worse excuse....  (Read 7561 times)

doggylover

Re: What is the worse excuse....
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 04:48:53 pm »
OMG!  I think I would have decked her, taken the puppy, told her she did not deserve to even have a dog, and left!
I think thats called 'grand theft dog-o'
HEH I wanted to!

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 04:57:10 pm »
OMG!  I think I would have decked her, taken the puppy, told her she did not deserve to even have a dog, and left!
HEH I wanted to!
That's funny!...I don't care who you are right there!...That's some funny s**t!!! :D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 05:00:48 pm »
I have one for you that I heard today.  A lady called my work wanting to donate a cockatiel.  She said he was a year old and she didn't want him because he woke up too early.  He woke up every morning at 5am when the sun rose adn the day started.  Who knew birds got up when the day started?

Kat
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

doggylover

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 05:02:33 pm »
HEH I wanted to!
That's funny!...I don't care who you are right there!...That's some funny s**t!!! :D
HEH I'm such a child, I will do anything for a laugh!
 :D

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 07:57:02 pm »
I was an Animal Control officer, the worst I heard was a woman who brought in (on December 20th)the most beautiful black cat with amber eyes. He was huge, and silky, and such a love!
When she told the desk she wanted to surrender him, they explained that we didn't take "owner turnovers" except for IMMEDIATE EUTHANASIA as it was a County facility, funded to reunite lost pets with their owners, and care for homeless animals. We then gave her directions to the Humane Society shelter, which was on the other side of town. "I don't have time to go there" she said "I have Christmas shopping to do-let me sign the papers." The receptionist again told her that if she signed the papers the cat would immediately be killed. "OK" the woman said. On the form is a "reason for surrender" and the woman stated she was giving up the cat because "he climbed her designer Christmas tree and broke several valuable Gucci ornaments."  For this she was giving him a DEATH SENTENCE?
She left- but nobody killed that cat- he went home with me.

My last 3 Danes were all 18 month to 2 year-old puppies, who "got too big".  GRRRR!

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 09:59:53 am »
To me the worst excuse is because they are getting old and the owner can't bear to put them to sleep.  So the dog has loved you unconditionall y for x years and you can't bring yourself to see him/her through to the end.  What loyalty!  I just wish people would learn from their dogs about love and loyalty. 
Daphne

Offline Kelly89084

• Big Paw Certified
  • My Protector!
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 10:45:30 am »
They put in brand new wood floors for $1,500 and didn't want the dogs nails to scratch it up. ::)
"If a dog jumps in your lap, it is because he is fond of you; but if a cat does the same thing, it is because your lap is warmer." - Alfred North Whitehead

doggylover

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 03:15:04 pm »
...the dog has too many 'problems'. So you 'rehome' it or dump it at a shelter so someone else gets it, the dog bonds again, and then it is 'rehomed' because it has too many problems...
If a dog has real problems, it's the owners responsibility to do the hard thing and put the animal down if they have tried every other avenue.  If the dog doesn't have huge problems, you keep the dog.  I had a friend years ago who did this, and I was angry enough at her that I ended the friendship. 
Oh and that woman who killed her cat because it broke her Gucci ornament ought to have had a Gucci ornament wedged firmly up her....
I'll go get some coffee, maybe that will help.

Offline smsmith

• Leader of the Pack
  • Einstein has changed my life -- for the good!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 11:59:48 am »
I have one for you that I heard today.  A lady called my work wanting to donate a cockatiel.  She said he was a year old and she didn't want him because he woke up too early.  He woke up every morning at 5am when the sun rose adn the day started.  Who knew birds got up when the day started?

Kat

Did it ever occur to her to cover the windows?
Sarah

Offline swells

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 12:12:26 pm »
I've heard of people getting rid of their Pyrs because they won't listen, bark alot, shed enormously, & dig holes....HHHEE EEEEEELLLLLLLL LLLLLLLOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOO!!!!...Here is reason to RESEARCH YOUR BREED BEFORE YOU BUY, ADOPT, RESCUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how you feel. I used to foster for our local Great Pyrenees rescue and time after time we would hear "He got too big," or "he sheds too much". I would always ask, "You know you got a Pyr right". Grrrrrrrr. People.

Stacie

Offline krismark

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • My babies!
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 12:05:27 pm »
I think the cat with the Christmas death sentence is the worst, but here's mine...

My sister-in-law didn't want her Golden Retriever anymore because the dog pooped......in the yard  :o

Gypsy Jazmine

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 12:31:21 pm »
To me the worst excuse is because they are getting old and the owner can't bear to put them to sleep.  So the dog has loved you unconditionall y for x years and you can't bring yourself to see him/her through to the end.  What loyalty!  I just wish people would learn from their dogs about love and loyalty. 
My cousin did this with her 13 yr. old, sometimes incontinant cat...Her hubby had the cat since it was a kitten...They moved to Tennessee from Iowa & jsut dumped the cat at the Humane Society...I haven't spoken one word to her since & the whole family knows why!...I have two words for people like that HEARTLESS COWARDS!

Oh that gets me too!!!  That reminds me of this situation I saw last year ... before I got Kiden, there was a Dane on Petfinder who was eight years old.  Her owners were moving, and thought the move would be too hard on her, so they dropped her off at the shelter.  Yeah, shelters are SO much easier on a dog than a move.  ::)