Author Topic: The longest car ride  (Read 5330 times)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
The longest car ride
« on: June 12, 2006, 01:59:51 pm »
DH and I drove 7 hours up the middle of Calif. this weekend to go and check out wedding venues with our daughter and her FDH (future darling husband ;)) and we thought it would be such fun to take the Newfers along.  We rented an adorable little dog-friendly cottage and that part was all good.....howev er:

I gave them a new food that is easier to travel with (just add boiling water and let it sit for 15 minutes and add cooked meat...easy, huh?) and it didn't agree with Cowboy.  We have a van-ish sort of car and just lay all the seats down and then through big..BIG dog beds all over and they are usually relaxed and sleepy the whole trip but Cowboy got frantic:  pushing his big ole head between the seats, pawing at us so we would stop, leash them both up and he would run frantically for the right spot.  First to the right...NOOOO it's on the left...NOOO... .better smells over here and dragging me with him back and forth.  THEN he totally lost it all...LARGE, GENORMOUS volume.  As DH said, it gave a whole new meaning to roadside bomb!  He did this repeatedly ALL the way home yesterday.  A seven hour trip turned in to a 9 hour trip.  We saw neighborhoods that we never knew about.  WHY do they have to find the right spot?  AWFUL, AWFUL trip home.... and he'll never get that food again ::)

doggylover

Re: The longest car ride
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 02:17:59 pm »
You poor thing...that sounds like living h*ll.  I have to say, we have had our share of hideous big paw trips.  We actually have a car that is dedicated to dog transport now, because Badger has vomited/diarhea'd/butt wiped it to the point of nonusability for any other purpose.  Talk about marking your territory...
::hugs for poor traumatized Cowboy and Chester Molester::

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 02:23:25 pm »
I would comment on your terrible trip, but I've had a vivid flashback to a traumatic Cub Scout overnight, venison sausages and a desperate running out of TP in the middle of the night and the search for alternatives.. ..

Oh, the humanity!

;)
Sheryl, Dogless and sad

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 02:45:11 pm »
Dazy bombed one time in the jeep.  It was horrid.  After shampooing EVERYTHING in it..... and putting in Pina Colada scented air fresheners.... .. Auburn said my Jeep smelled like Poopacoladas!

doggylover

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 02:51:46 pm »
Dazy bombed one time in the jeep.  It was horrid.  After shampooing EVERYTHING in it..... and putting in Pina Colada scented air fresheners.... .. Auburn said my Jeep smelled like Poopacoladas!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THAT IS HILARIOUS!!!!!

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 02:57:25 pm »
Yeah, from time to time we will randomly start singing... "If you like poopacoladas.. .." lol

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 03:54:26 pm »
Thanks for making me laugh about it.  It was lucky he didn't explode in the car....but the gas!!!  WHEW!! If only we could have put it directly in the tank!!  It's bad enough driving the Newfmobile around but if it could self power, it wouldn't be as bad!! ;)

It was amazing how fast we could get out of these neighborhoods.  I cleaned it up as well as I could...but it was ugly, UGLY!  That's how we (big dog owners) get bad reps....but what can you do?

I think I've just had my last 'colada'....it will never be anything but a poopacolada from now on!!! ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 04:57:47 pm by newflvr »

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 02:06:08 pm »
Oh Mari!
HAAAAAAAAAH!

I laugh because I understand...C abeza did that IN the car on the way to Thanksgiving dinner this past year. OH MY GOD WAS IT AWFUL!

We used pine sol...so..uh, yeah. That combo was foul. I'd rather have had poopacoladas myself.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 03:55:00 pm »
Thanks for making me laugh about it.  It was lucky he didn't explode in the car....but the gas!!!  WHEW!! If only we could have put it directly in the tank!!  It's bad enough driving the Newfmobile around but if it could self power, it wouldn't be as bad!! ;)

It was amazing how fast we could get out of these neighborhoods.  I cleaned it up as well as I could...but it was ugly, UGLY!  That's how we (big dog owners) get bad reps....but what can you do?

I think I've just had my last 'colada'....it will never be anything but a poopacolada from now on!!! ;D ;D ;D

Same here.... it's all poopacoladas here now days too.  I can't even eat the Pina Colada flavored Jelly Bellies anymore.   :o LOL

Offline BarkleysMum

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
    • Our Picture Trail Albums
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2006, 04:01:52 pm »
I needed to laugh so much today...this thread did it for me!  Now if only I could get the pinacolada/poopdacolada song outta my head!!! :)
Sandy
Newly owned by Anna Banana, kind of owned by Sheba
and always remembering Barkley - crossed the Bridge on May 19, 2006.

MommyOfSchnauzers

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2006, 04:46:25 pm »
It's always a good song when you need a smile!  :D

Offline zanie

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2006, 05:51:10 pm »

BWAHAHAHAHAHA. ..OMG!!!  That is priceless.  "If you like poopacoladas.. ."

The best song ever, especially now!
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Seattle, WA

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2006, 06:00:27 pm »
Poor Cowboy. I hope that you found some pretty wedding site though.  ;D
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2006, 06:04:03 pm »
Haha! NOPE!!  The place they have been planning on sold LAST week and is in escrow.  Supposedly, the new owner is going to maintain it as a destination wedding site ::) but who knows! It was a VERY rustic spot so I'm hoping we'll find a spot a little more civilized....o r at least without a snake in the spot we'd have the reception!!! Yep!  a snake was curled up a the foot of one of the raised flower beds.  VERY special!!

SO we're back to square one....

Offline NoDogNow

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2006, 06:05:26 pm »
You know, Las Vegas is a destination... ;D
Sheryl, Dogless and sad