Author Topic: I have good news and i have bad news  (Read 5085 times)

lins_saving_grace

I have good news and i have bad news
« on: March 10, 2007, 09:36:43 am »
YOU ARE NOT GOING TO BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!!
as most of you know i have been in a miserable marriage for almost 6 years.  lately i've tried everything to work myself up to confronting my husband and possibly divorcing and going our seaprate ways.  so here's the good news!  last night i got home after work he was home looking for a "discussion" on what we need to do about this.  I finally got him to spit it out.  He said "I think we need to get divorced".  Can you believe this?!!!  I am estatic!!!!! 
ok now the bad news.
He's keeping Lady.  but i'm going to look at this as a good thing.  she's starting to limp on her left leg (non weight bearing kinda limp) so i'm thinking she'll need her other ACL replaced sooner than we had hoped!  he can afford that...i can't. 
I will miss her desperately!!!!!!!!  i love her!!! i want her!!!!  but realistically it's not feasible.
I hope you all don't hate me for leaving her behind.  I have made it clear to him that i love her and care for her and would take her in heartbeat if he couldn't or didn't want to or didn't have time.  I have to believe he will take good care of her.  he does love her. 
So...mixed emotions!!!  new changes!!! new lives!!! new horizons!!!  and i want to thank all of you for supporting me through all this for so long!!!!!

Lin
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 09:40:30 am by lins_saving_grace »

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: I have good news and i have bad news
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 09:50:00 am »
if that's what you want, congrads!  sorry you won't be taking your pupper, but you are keeping her best interests at heart, and after all he does love them too!
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 09:50:50 am »
I hope you're right.  I do love that dog terribly.  And i will have little Grace. :)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 09:51:59 am »
maybe since you both love them so much, if you stay close, you can exchange them every other weekend or something.  i know some dogs do well with that situation and some it sends into a real panic, but maybe it could work.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 09:53:56 am »
i thought about volunterring to baby sit her when he needs to work late or go out of town.  i haven't gotten to the point of saying it outloud since once this is over i don't really want to see him again.  there's a lot of hard feelings on my part anyway and he's such a jerk.  i'll think about it.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 09:55:36 am »
i totally know about that!  my hubby can be such a jerk too!  maybe he'll be like mine, that he's horrible to live with but maybe after being away from him for a while you can at least get along for small things that concern the dogs.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 10:17:43 am »
How could we hate you.  You know what is in the best interest for both your girls.  It just sucks that what is in Lady's best interest right now isn't with you and Grace.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that he will go for joint custody with you on Lady.  If you need anything let me know. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

chaosndestruction

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2007, 10:36:15 am »
awww lin i'm sooo happy for you!!! We wouldn't hate you!!! Why would you think that?

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 10:55:05 am »
WOW Lin, this has been a long time coming.

I am really excited for your new future. You can do anything you want to now. I am so happy for you. Just imagine all the possibilities!!! And you will have Grace at your side.

You are a fabulous woman and you deserve the best life. Now go out there and give it to yourself!!! YAY!!! ;) ;D

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2007, 11:35:32 am »
I hope you guys are right.  i'd love to get that call from him asking me to take her off his hands.  :) 

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2007, 12:36:54 pm »
i have to say I am really looking forward to this.  last night during our "discussion" i almost did 2 bad things.  1.) ask him who was pulling the chord on his mouth (i.e. Homewrecker and 2.) jumpped up and down for joy.   it's been hard to contain my excitement.   i will miss Lady SOOOOOO much.  she'll be ok i'm sure.  but my mood changed in an instant.  since last night at around 7:30 i went from "oh well, it's another day" to "my god, look at this day!"  that's all it took.  what a huge relief.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 12:59:09 pm »
ME TOO! 
i've been making calls and three of the 6 places (i've only heard from 3 anyway) will take my little rott.  I'm not sure why i couldn't find these places before...but i'm sure glad they're out there now.

Offline K9ldy00

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 05:24:38 pm »
I'm glad you are going to get your life back. I also feel that you will end up with Lady. You will feel better and better every day. After I finally got the nerve to leave my X, I felt better. I look back and wonder why I waited so long. So I say Congratulation s on your divorce ;)
                 We are here for you!
Dog Mom to
Dozer, Tealk,Zander,Zeva, Tesla

Offline Stacey

• Grand Master
  • Tonka
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 07:12:30 pm »
Well, this is not what I was expecting to read...but it is welcome!  So....CONGRATU LATIONS!  I am glad you are getting a new beginning. 
I am kind of a big deal!

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2007, 09:29:56 am »
Oh Lin- I am so happy for you! It is time for you to explore a new world where you are appreciated and loved all of the time. I am sorry that Lady has to stay behind and I know that you & Grace will miss her a lot. Please let me know if there is anything you need.
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.