Author Topic: new addition pics, kathyrn and cori will esp like  (Read 7830 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
new addition pics, kathyrn and cori will esp like
« on: March 28, 2007, 05:51:05 am »
just thought i'd share a few pics.  they're not very good, i had to take them while he was wrapped around my shoulders and neck.  i found out this morning why he was huffing and puffing in my face, he has a "cold" from being without heat, etc.  today he's a TON better with being handled he's not bowing up at all, but that's prob a lot to do with not feeling good  :-\
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

mama23+pyrs2

Re: new addition pics, kathyrn and cori will esp like
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2007, 06:03:35 am »
i could have done w/out the pics personally lol

at any rate, i'm glad he's feeling better, a sick snake can't be any fun

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2007, 06:13:03 am »
Glad he's feeling better.  Thanks for the pictures too.  So does he have his own enclosure now where he can get back to 100%? 
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2007, 06:17:27 am »
OMG!  That's pure craziness right there! hahahahah Just kiddin'! I'm so sorry he's got a cold, I'm sure you'll get him all healthy and happy in no time!   ;D

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2007, 06:23:08 am »
he does have his own enclosure now.  he's temporarily in a 55 gallon tank decked out for him.  this weekend (or next, hubby may have to work now  :-\) hopefully we will be able to make him his new enclosure that will be multi layer with a home, "pool" and all.  now all i have to do is get hubby off from work!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2007, 06:29:45 am »
he's blowing snot bubbles right now.  hasn't gotten into his lungs (pneumonia) so we're going to make sure his temp stays steady, etc. and see what happens then if it shows any signs of getting worst our vet is going to see what he wants to do then.  we don't have a name for him yet, i've always kept female red tail boas so they've always had the name sake "cup cake"...  i don't think that'll work for a boy though.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 07:07:52 am »
Multi floor snake pad huh..  Not too shabby if I do say so myself.  He sure is a lucky dude..  So is there anything special other than keeping his temperature stable that you can do for a respiratory illness for snakes?  I've never had one and I have no idea how to care for a sick one at that.  I've had a cat and a dog with a cold before and that was actually a big deal.  I just wondered if it was similar in severity where the treatment is concerned.  I'm really glad that your guy isn't so shy like originally thought too.   
Misty slave to:
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2007, 07:17:07 am »
ewww i hate sick snakes. they are the worse to deal with. there was one we had that was sick at the petstore i worked at (with respiratory illness) and a student from the vet college took him and brought him to the big vet in Guelph and they gave her injectable fluids... she had to give him needles daily for like a week or 2 and he did great. he recovered amazingly... 
anyways- Steff, your snakie is cute. u should name him... Vincent hahahaha
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 07:25:23 am »
unless it gets any worst, besides keeping his temp stable it was suggested we let him take showers with us (not literally, just let him in the bathroom to help him loosen things up) then get him to move "downward" a few times when we hold him, to help him to get all the gunk out of his nose, then wipe his nose off.  this is because snakes cannot cough, so it helps get everything out before it runs down and causes it to get worst.  if it does get worst, he will get antibiotics and or fluids to help him fight it off. 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 07:46:34 am »
That really is interesting.  Keep us posted.  Sending healthy thoughts his way...
Misty slave to:

angelsmama

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2007, 07:51:56 am »
he's beautiful  ;D

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 09:05:41 am »
he doesn't have a name yet, we really don't know his personality yet, but he seems to be super sweet *today*.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 09:07:25 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

angelsmama

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2007, 04:25:40 am »
looking closer at his pics, he looks like he's bad a BAD shed, many of them. his eye caps arent retained but he is in serious need of a good shed.. after he has one he should feel tons better :)

bob looked real rough when i got him, scales all dry & whatnot , after one shed he was bbbeeaauuttiif fuull and being very loving and calm ;D

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2007, 04:54:08 am »
i agree!  that would make sense on why his skin is SO dry that it sticks to you.  it's kinda nasty, because you can literally hear it pulling off of your skin, not to mention his skin looks "cloudy."  hopefully the next one will go without problems and he'll look like a real beauty!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 04:55:28 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

angelsmama

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2007, 09:32:40 am »
also have you tried soaking him?   lukewarm water and let him  soak a few.