Author Topic: PLEASE HELP THIS BOY!!!HE WILL BE PUT DOWN TODAY!~8-1-05  (Read 51582 times)

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP THIS BOY!!!HE WILL BE PUT DOWN TODAY!~8-1-05
« Reply #60 on: August 03, 2005, 12:23:24 pm »
Well, Valley Animal Center does cats only.  I told her about the Dane and she referred me to Gentle Giants - OMG - in southern Calif.  When I inquired on their reputability she just said, well no charges have been filed yet.  The other number is ARF and they state they are full.  I have to go to work soon so will check back probably after 5pm.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 03, 2005, 12:28:42 pm »
<<<<<< im a sleepy head!!! Woke up this morning to see the status on the baby !!! I havent heard from the other people either!! anything I can do ....Nina hand me some tasks and im on it!!! ;D
Nicole

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 03, 2005, 12:29:00 pm »
Peggy ohhhh peggy, we are on a mission here, you cant go to work. call them and say you are having pms or something and stay here and play lol.....

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 03, 2005, 12:34:21 pm »
 Hi Nicole

If you could call the shelter that Rascal in and see if you could find the status on him that would be great, I spoke with Kristen or Kirsten didn't quite get her name, but she is the shelter manager. (209)385-7436. That would be great, then we will know how much time we have ect.

Thanks  ;D
Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 03, 2005, 12:41:45 pm »
HMM I think that I may be on to something I found a rescue place called BAD RAP and they rescue pittbulls and mixes ect, and when Nicole called the shelter they said that he is a pitt mix??? So I will email them and see what happens.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 03, 2005, 12:44:56 pm »
Nina, I found a group called Animal Friends Connection, I checked their website out and they suggest a phonecall rather than an email when you have a pet in eager need.

I can still only call local on this stupid phone (if I dont get it fixed soon I will go crazy) but if anyone could all here is their hotline number

(209)368-1761

Marit

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 03, 2005, 12:53:35 pm »
I just emailed another group with the same area code as the shelter.

They are called K9 All Breed Rescue

I really really hope we can get at least one of all these rescue groups to find a spot for him

Marit

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 03, 2005, 12:56:30 pm »
GREAT NEWS EVERYONE!!! our lil rascle is a lil rasclette!! Its a GIRL!! lol  She was also mircrochiped.. .... which buys her 6 more days.... Yeahhhh I spoke with sharon shelter coordanator and she said she is very friendly and not dog aggressive! Also she that they do alot of transporting if we can find a foster??? yeah yeah yeah... I gave her the BPO web site and ummmm ummm I think recruieted our first contact for our rescue idea lol!!!! They said they try not put them down and will help out in anyway so they dont have too! SO We might have more puppies headed our way!! She also said she doesnt think she is all pit that she looks like a dane and she will take some more pics of her tomorrow... I am so happy about this! Hows that Nina ? Im learning!!! Here is Sharons Email

slohman@pacbell.net
Nicole

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 03, 2005, 12:56:45 pm »
This is great if no one calls the other number I can call when I get home from work. Thanks I'll keep looking for rescue places, the Pitt bull rescue is full in Sanfrancisco, but I emailed the one in central.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 03, 2005, 01:05:47 pm »
Sharron said she would keep me posted she has my email and my house number and will keep me updated... she was very nice. She really was happy we wanted to help her! She keept talking about how good of a dog she was! I know for a fact that she cannot be adopted out untill the 5 days are up because they have to try to contact her past owners!! They have tried to call and no one has answered soo they are putting a hanger on their dor today... They have 5 days to come and get her! She says she doubts it because she was found in the drug section of town!!
Nicole

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 03, 2005, 01:06:38 pm »
That is super news. now we have at least a few more days. and she is a girl hehe poor girly has been called Rascal lol...... This puts us in a much better position.

Marit

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 03, 2005, 01:08:00 pm »
WOOOHOOO OK I was waaaayyy off on the name?? Hmm brain fart??? Jacqueline emailed me and told me that he is really a she?? Hmm how can that be missed???

That is great that we have more time!!!! And hopefully the owner can be conatacted. IF not then we will be there to help find a place for her? Wonder what her name should be now. Great job everyone, we should still try and pool togeather some resuce places, just in case the owner doesn't claim her.

Nina 
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 03, 2005, 01:12:35 pm »
I think you are right Nina, I really like the idea a BPO rescue, a lot of all kinds of red tape we had to go through, but find foster spaces, have a separate site or an addition to this one where you can see the dogs, have a transportation network, well you know...... wouldnt that be great?

Marit

Offline zimas_mommie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 03, 2005, 01:17:31 pm »
LOL Yes SHE is a girl...they said the animal control said he was a she...... sharron said dont count on the owners because of where she was found so I think that is a good idea to keep looking!! I think we should start a rescue...I dont have a clue on how or what to do but tell me and I'll do it!! lol  If you hear from any rescue for her let thme know THEY will transport!!
Nicole

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 03, 2005, 01:19:51 pm »
That is soo true, all it takes is using our resourses of emailing rescue sites to get the dogs out of kill shelters to safe ones, foster if we can, like doghealer is doing, the tenesseePyr rescue is paid for him and she is fostering for them. If people can help with transport ect, that would avoid red tape and all that other complicated stuff right?? Basically keep doing what we are doing the BPO rescue help???

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)