Author Topic: MIA for a few days, horrible weekend and week so far.  (Read 5126 times)

Offline KiraNGunnersmom

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
MIA for a few days, horrible weekend and week so far.
« on: December 10, 2008, 04:32:41 pm »
This has not been my week at all!!   Not sure if I ever mentioned my friend Barb,  she is my neighbor that likes to spoil my pups and kids.
Well,  she passed unexpectedly last week.  She layed down for a nap and never woke up.  She had some health issues but nothing life threatning.
I cant believe that is actually gone.  She leaves behind her hubby and 16 year old son and a house full of spoiled labs.
Please keep her family in your thoughts and prayers.

My 7 year old has been sick with unexplained fevers since sat.  The only way to break the fevers is to rotate tylenol and motrin and dunk her in cool baths. Then last night she breaks out in hives all over her body.
Today the doctor(this is the second visit since Mon) gives her benadryl and prednisone but still no diagnosis or explanation!

ANd Kira has a lump over her right eye the size of a golf ball!   The vet doesnt think it's much to worry about,  cant find any external abrasion or puncture wounds and she said it doesnt feel like an abcess.  It doesnt seem to bother Kira either.
She has her on anti-inflammitories(novox) and wants me to watch her to see if it gets any bigger then we have to bring her back in.

Not too mention my hubby HATES the chi puppy and I think she might feel the same towards him.  he wants me to find her a new home and the girls are freaking out and I dont agree with him at all.   She is a puppy and needs training and that sometimes takes time.
The subject of finding her a new home has started serveral fights between he and I.
I dont know what I am going to do,  he is set on getting rid of her.

Im exhausted and feeling slightly depressed.  I need a break from the madness before I crack!
Kira- Akita
Gunner-Mastiff
cockateils-Peanut Butter & Jelly
Beta fish-Mak

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: MIA for a few days, horrible weekend and week so far.
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 04:46:44 pm »
I'm sorry that you are having a bad week.  Lots of large bear hugs and Shiner hugs for you and your family.  I hope Kira and your daughter are better really soon.  My condolences to you and to your friend's family.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Ursa

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • What Now!?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 04:48:38 pm »
Hugs from here too!

Ruthanna - the Triplets' mom

Ursa, CGC -  11 month old Great Pyrenees
Fargo, CGC - 9 month old Newfoundland
Sadie, CGC - 8 month old Newfoundland

What Now!? - www.muttdog.us

Viking Lady

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 04:51:59 pm »
Oh my gosh. No wonder you are exhausted and depressed. I am really sorry about your neighbor. It is so weird when it is sudden like that.

I don't suppose your seven year old could have Fifth Disease. A couple of my kids had it when they were young and it was just a strange occurance. Fever, then a rash on the face that spread all over. Maybe yours is actual hives but it just made me wonder if that's what it was.

Poor Kira. I don't even know what to think about that.

I hope you just got a year's worth of crap over with in a week. I'll be thinking about you.

PS I couldn't stand my daughter's chi when she got her. But she grew on me and was quite the sweetie. Stick with it and maybe your husband will come around.

Offline ruffian

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 06:45:19 pm »
I am sorry about your neighbour, your daughter and your pupper as well, that is an awful lot to deal with at once whew.

As for the hubby mine did the same thing when I got Gage, it didnt get better when Gage ate his beloved pillow, and blankets, umm 3 times  ::).  But I can say he has accepted him over time, and now admits he likes him, so hopefully that will work out over time.

either way hugs to all from gage, ruffian and tonka.

lorim2

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 01:22:02 am »
Poor Michelle.  You have had an awful week and I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Will keep her and her family in our prayers.  Tell you hubby to just chill with the chi.  Both of my girls sleep with us every night.  Jewel my smallest one sleeps with my husband...righ t on his tummy, every single night...He gets up early and starts the coffee and comes back in to wake me up...and gets bit every single morning!  It just comes with the breed...Its "little man syndrome" which your hubby, being a man should understand!!  haha  Jewel also follows him out the door every morning biting his jeans all the way out.  He gets mad but loves her just the same.  So tell him thats just her way of showing him love!  It will get better, promise!

Offline Apreston

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 02:02:25 am »
Deep Breathing.... Deep Breathing!
You are completly overwhelmed! 
My deepest sympathies to you and your family on the passing of your neighbour. That is very sad and extreamly unexpected. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
As for you daughter and Kira; hopefully quick recovery's to them both. It's scary when you dont know what to do or what's the cause but both have seen the doctor and vet so there is not much you can do; but do what you have already been doing....be a SUPER mom to both of them!
As for the baby Chi....patienc e on hubby's part is highly needed. It is already the most busiest time of year not to mention what you have on your plate; this topic should be disscussed when your plate is much less full!! Not to mention tons of training is needed on the whole family's part! She is a a baby. Training should be a joint effort and yes it gets frustrating but the more the family is invoilved the easier is will get!

Sending tons of hugs and kisses your way hopefully you will be able to sit and relax this Christmas Season!  :-*  :-*

Offline vmimom2006

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 05:03:32 am »
Whew! I don't think I have ever had a week like that (God help me I hope I never do either). So sorry for your neighbor. My sister had 5th disease when we were kids. She spent a week in the hospital and it just left. I also vote for the wasp. Even here in PA with the cold those stupid things just appear. Hubs needs to give you a break before you snap and put that tree where he won't like it!! :o Sending mental vibs towards him to buy you a nice spa gift certificate!!
Mom to:
Athena 20 month Blue Great Dane
Aurora 5 yr Blue Merle Great Dane
Baby Tux cat-RIP 6/9/09
Mandy & Millie 10 yr sisters tabbys
Wheet 9 yr black shorthair devil cat
Lucy Lu & Buckley 8 month kitties

Tonda

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 05:05:45 am »
Major (((HUGS))). What a week.

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 05:13:43 am »
Wow. I'm so sorry for all you're going through. I've never had kids, but if you're daughter still has a high fever I might ask about Scarlet Fever. My little sister had that when she was about your daughter's age. If your Dr. can't diagnose anything I would also consider another Dr.

Antihistamines and lots of kisses for Kira and I bet her bump will go right down. Sounds exactly like a bite to me.

And, maybe the holiday stress is getting to your hubby and he's taking it out on the chi. Try to talk to him calmly about it and ask to wait until after the holidays to discuss the matter further.

Big virtual hugs to you from Texas!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Tonda

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 06:00:30 am »
Was your husband on board with getting the Chi in the first place?

AudgePadge

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 07:58:00 am »
oh Michelle!!! What a tough time, hang in there! Sending quick recovery vibes to your daughter n Kira...hopeful ly hubby comes around, and I'm keeping your neighbor's family in my thoughts

xoxo

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 08:08:33 am »
I'm so sorry that you are having such a bad week.  I haven't been on as much as I had been work is CRAZY - so hopefully your daughter is on the road to a quick recovery as well as your precious pup.

My daughter was hospilized last summer and the doctors thought it was hepatitus, menengitus, mono, all kinds of things it is so scary - it turns out she had kawasaki's disease - I don't think that is what your daughter has - different symptoms and generally asian children.  But we rode the storm and she has made a full recovery.

I also totally get your problem with hubby - many people on this board know that my hubby is not a Harley fan, he threatened to get rid of him also.  Tell hubby that you hear him, however, there is way to much going on in your life right now to deal with this and he needs to put his feelings on hold and worry about you and your daughter.
I'm not going to say hubby and Harley are best friends but whenever hubby makes himself a sandwich or toast, harley always gets a piece of toast, buttered and cut up.  So I guess he is willing to put up with him.

I am so sorry about your friend and neighbor that is devestating to her family and friends. 

Randy

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 08:29:21 am »
Oh my goodness.  Talk about a week of suckiness.  I'm so sorry about your neighbor/friend, my thoughts are with her family right now.  Also I hope your daughter and Kira are feeling better soon too.  It's never nice having one baby that's sick, let alone two of them!  :'(

As for the hubby, send him over here to talk to us, we'll slap the grumpy right off his face, and send him back to you with flowers, and an apology for making you stress more then you need to right now.

Girl, go make sure your babies are comfy, then get out your ipod/walkman/diskman/whatever music thingy that you have, listen to some nice relaxin music, get a glass of whatever you like to drink and take 20 for yourself.  ;) :-*
My Sponsership page for my very first race!