Author Topic: BPO PHONE CHAIN FOR RITA  (Read 18380 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Re: BPO PHONE CHAIN FOR RITA
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2005, 01:23:18 am »
HAAAAAAA! ;D  The jokes are definitely helping! It's getting pretty windy here - on and off, but it still looks like they are not expecting any winds over 40 mph (which is still tropical storm force, but barely). I just took the dogs out - AGAIN! (why do they have to go potty more often when it's icky out??) and the wind almost knocked me over once. All tarps but the one are holding, though!
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2005, 01:41:54 am »
The power just blinked on and off 3 times so if you suddenly stop seeing posts from me it's 'cause the power went out permanently. Winds are really picking up out there.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2005, 01:45:08 am »
We are thinking of you.  Please post again as soon as you can.

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Cowboy is four years old and Chester is almost two
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2005, 01:45:39 am »
Okay....let's NOT let the power go out....got more giggles for you:

Subject: Fw: The Young Scottish Couple

A young Scottish lad and lassie were sitting on a low stonewall,
>  > holding hands, and just gazing out over the loch.
>  >
>  > For several minutes they sat silently, then finally the girl
>  > looked at the boy and said, "A penny for your thoughts, Angus."
>  >
>  > "Well, uh, I was thinkin' perhaps it's aboot time for a wee
>  > kiss."
>  >
>  > The girl blushed, then leaned over and kissed him. Then he
>  > blushed. Then the two turned once again to gaze out over the
>  > loch.
>  >
>  > After a while the girl spoke again. "Another penny for your
>  > thoughts, Angus."
>  >
>  > "Well, uh, I was thinkin' perhaps its aboot time for a wee
>  > cuddle."
>  >
>  > The girl blushed, then leaned over and cuddled him. Then he
>  > blushed. Then the two turned once again to gaze out over the
>  > loch.
>  >
>  > thoughts, Angus."
>  >
>  > "Well, uh, I was thinkin' perhaps its aboot time you let me
>  > poot me hand on your leg."
>  >
>  > The girl blushed, then took his hand and put it on her leg.
>  > Then he blushed. Then the two turned once again to gaze out
>  > over the loch.
>  >
>  > thoughts, Angus."
>  >
>  > The young man knit his brow. "Well, now," he said, "my
>  > thoughts are a bit more serious this time."
>  >
>  > "Really?" said the girl in a whisper, filled with anticipation.
>  >
>  > "Aye," said the lad.
>  >
>  > The girl looked away in shyness, began to blush and bit her
>  > lip in anticipation of the ultimate request.
>  >
>  > Angus blurted out, "Din'na ye think it's aboot time ye paid me
>  > the first three pennies?"

______________ ______________ ______________ ______________ _____________
 FREE Emoticons for your email! Click Here!                                       

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 23, 2005, 02:41:43 am »
Ok, I reposted how to clean a toilet, under another thread, (Do not try this at home.) Started 3 more threads with jokes. I'll do more this evening and then maybe we can do a chat later, after 9 p.m. to help pass the time?

I have to sign off soon keep Jeanne company.

Deena

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 23, 2005, 02:50:22 am »
Still here. Power keeps blinking. I went up into the attic to see if there were any leaks under the tarp that is coming off. There is only one small, slow leak. Keep your fingers crossed that it stays slow.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 23, 2005, 03:41:03 am »
fingers and paws crossed for ya!
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 23, 2005, 04:30:12 am »
gonna take a tip from the doggies and catch a nap. hope the power is still on when I wake up...

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2005, 05:08:12 am »
Hope you had a good nap and that the power is still on....
Here's another one!

Subject: Fw: Joke for the day - Because I Am A Man...]

Because I'm a man, when I lock my keys in the car I will fiddle with a wire long after hypothermia, or heat stroke, has set in. AAA is not an option. I will win.  ______________ ______________ ___________
>
>       Because I'm a man, when the car isn't running very well, I will pop the hood and stare at the engine as if I know what I'm looking at. If another man shows up, one of us will say to the other, "I used to be able to fix these things, but now with all these computers and everything, I wouldn't know where to start." We will then drink beer and break wind as a form of Holy Communion.
>       ______________ ______________ ___________
>
>       Because I'm a man, when I catch a cold, I need someone to bring me soup and take care of me while I lie in bed and moan. You're a woman. You never get as sick as I do, so for you this isn't a problem.
>
>       Because I'm a man, I can be relied upon to purchase basic groceries at the store, like milk or bread. I cannot be expected to find exotic items like "cumin" or "tofu." For all I know, these are the same thing. And never, under any circumstances, expect me to pick up anything for which "feminine hygiene product" is a euphemism.
>       ______________ ______________ ________
>
>       Because I'm a man, when one of our appliances stops working, I will insist on taking it apart, despite evidence that this will just cost me twice as much, once the repair person gets here and has to put it back together.
>
>       Because I'm a man, I must hold the television remote control in my hand while I watch TV.   If the thing has been misplaced, I may miss an entire show looking for it (though one time I was able to survive by holding a calculator)... applies to engineers  mainly.
>
>       Because I'm a man, there is no need to ask me what I'm thinking about. The answer is always either sex, cars or football. I have to make up something else when you ask, so don't ask.
>
>       Because I'm a man, I do not want to visit your mother, or have your mother come visit us, or talk to her when she calls, or think about her any more than I have to. Whatever you got her for Mother's Day is okay; I don't need to see it. And don't forget to pick up something for my mother too.
>
>       Because I'm a man, you don't have to ask me if I liked the movie. Chances are, if you're crying at the end of it, I didn't.... and if you are feeling amorous afterwards... then I will certainly at least remember the name and recommend it to others.
>
>       Because I'm a man, I think what you're wearing is fine. I thought what you were wearing five minutes ago was fine, too. Either pair of shoes is fine. With the belt or without, it looks fine. Your hair is fine. You look fine. Can we just go now?
>       ______________ ______________ ________
>
>       Because I'm a man, and this is, after all, the year
>       2005, I will share equally in the housework. You just do the laundry, the cooking, the cleaning, the vacuuming, and the dishes, and I'll do the rest... like looking for my socks, or like wandering around in the garden with a beer wondering what to do.
>
>       This has been a public service message for Women to better understand the Male.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 23, 2005, 11:07:38 am »
Hey everybody,

Let's try to keep this post near the top for Jeanne so she'll check in here when she can. I am concerned for her and everyone else who stayed along/near the coast. :(

Thanks,
Deena

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2005, 11:30:21 am »
Here I am! I thought the worst of it had passed us a coupe of hours ago, but it's kicked back up again out there. Very heavy rains and high winds. Oasis is whining like he needs to go out, but I'm afraid we'll both blow over if I try to take him ;)

I have some ceiling damage now from the tarp that came untacked on my bare roof and tar paper has flown off into the yard. It's not real bad yet - about 5 spots the size of a potato in my bedroom.

If this thing would just go ahead and move through here I'd be really happy. At least I still have power.

Poor Trina is like a velcro dog. She's practically sitting on my lap as I type this.

Offline newflvr

• Tail Wagging Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2005, 11:59:55 am »
Wow... you are going through so much today!  I feel so sad for Trina!  but how lucky she is to be in your lap!  We're with you, though.  NO more potty breaks for the time being, eh?

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2005, 12:15:01 pm »
Glad you're back...that's the great thing about these storms, bands of strong wind and pounding rain, then quiet and light rain...perfect for potty breaks!

I got to go now...I am usually up between 3 and 5am. I'll check in and keep you company if you have power and are awake.

Deena

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2005, 01:49:22 pm »
Jeanne,
Wondering how you all are holding up down there?  I'm not sure when you last posted, since I'm a bit confused if the clock is right or not.   :-\  I hope everything is ok and that you all stay safe and sound and mostly if not totally dry!

Blair got in touch with me again tonight. She said that everyone is doing fine and they'll be going home tomorrow(Sat). The storm turned and they'll probably not even get any rain from it. Blair said that she'll get in touch again when she gets home, either by phone or online. I'm so glad that they made it out safely and hopefully their town will be ok.

We're still sending thoughts and prayers to everyone else who might be effected by Rita.
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2005, 08:46:07 pm »
Well Jeanne when you are back...posted 3 more funnies. Learn Chinese in 5 minutes, why we love children, and male or female. Enjoy them. I'll be checking in during the day to see if you've got power and can post.

Deena