Author Topic: i hate people who judge breeds  (Read 14863 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: i hate people who judge breeds
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2005, 10:15:09 pm »
Oh Nicole,
that is so sad!   :-[  I'm sorry that you had to go through this.  I really hate how sue happy our country is becoming!  Wishing you the best of luck with that crazy lady.
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2005, 10:17:17 pm »
I'd like to get ahold of the b***h (no offense to female dogs by any means!) then she'd have something to sue for!...Oh that irks me!!...Good luck Nicole!!!

Nicole

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2005, 10:20:23 pm »
Thanks, Moni. You know, that's the bottom line. We as a country have become so ready to sue. Its like people are just WAITING for something like this to happen so they can sue. Ridiculous.

You know, I looked up this woman's court record (its public information! hehehe!) and she's been in trouble for battery, breaking and entering, etc. etc. all kinds of stuff. She's just not a nice person. GRRRR.

One time, I was out back with my dogs and my neighbor's dogs (Cabeza, a Border Collie, a Black Lab/Greyhound X, and a little terrier mix) and one of the other neighbor's was walking by. As he walked by, he yelled, "If one of those dogs bites me, I'm gonna get PAID" Its just disgusting. Like he wants to get bit so he can sue. People suck. That's why I love dogs.

Nicole

« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2005, 10:21:15 pm »
Thanks, Gyps! Maybe when this is all said and done, I'll post her address here on BPO. hehehehehe! The van and the bat can pay her a little visit! hehehehhehehe!

Kiahpyr

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2005, 10:23:02 pm »
Good luck Nicole. I hope she gets nothing. I'm so sorry you lost your dog to stupid humans.

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2005, 10:23:46 pm »
I've heard of people like that, or even worse!  Supposedly there are people that try to irk the dog in order to get bit... then they sue!  Makes me wary of people who are overly obnoxious in public when I have the dogs with me.   >:(
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Nicole

« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2005, 10:24:11 pm »
Thanks, April! I hope she gets nothing too. Well....nothin g from the courts! From me, I hope she gets a BIG FAT A$$ WHOOPIN'!

Nicole

« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2005, 10:44:08 pm »

Offline Jen and Rick

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2005, 12:36:21 am »
Nicole, I feel horrible that you have to go through this!!  I'll be sending positive thoughts your way that this mess goes away quickly!

Nicole

« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2005, 12:45:30 am »
Hi everyone!

Ok. Here's the update from the attorney. Oh, BTW, thanks Jen and Rick for your positive thoughts! :D

Anyway...he feels as if it is going to be pretty hard to prove negligence on my part considering that I had my dog locked in my apartment and I wasn't even there when it happened. And negligence is what they are claiming. Mostly, he thinks that they want to go after Mark's insurance policy. Its a $300,000 policy. So, our plan is that we are going to have two different lawyers. One for me, to defend the fact that I had the dog locked up and wasn't there, and one for Mark to defend the fact that Cabeza didn't bite anyone. At the time, Mark and I had separate apartments and Cabeza was living with him, so I guess that makes him HIS dog..hehehe... but most importantly the INSURED dog.

I hope that they just settle with Mark's insurance company and be done with it. My attorney says that the best way to think of it is imagine if WE were on the jury. We'd be thinking, "Well, what did these people do wrong? Nothing!"  It was all just an accident. He thinks that the jury won't find any negligence involved. So, hopefully, it will all just go away. *sigh* I hope so. I can't be driving four hours to go see an attorney all the time! (I go to school four hours away from home, so I had to come up and miss two days of school to meet with him)

Nicole

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2005, 12:57:42 am »
Thanks, Jenn! I'm sure that some smack could be laid! hahahhaha!

Yeah, I think that its probably not going to be a huge big deal, but I'm still going to have to pay the attorney. Which is already up to about $500! YIKES!

Nicole

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2005, 01:12:59 am »
Thanks, Melissa! I feel exactly the same way. People are so interested in finding someone responsible when alot of times, stuff is either A) simply an accident with noone to blame, or B) their own dang fault!

Offline Anky

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2005, 03:22:58 am »
First off Nicole, your story made me sick to my stomach.  When that stupid lady next door was talking about suing us, first thing I thought of is what would happen to Sanity.  You're totally right about our sue happy society.  We're never at fault for anything, find someone else to blame.  That's what therapy is all about "Tell me about..... your FATHER" (DA DA DUMMMMMM).

What I was going to say, have you considered a counter suit?  It just bothers me that she can claim your dogs "Mauled" her, does she have any medical reports?  You have emotional distress for losing your dog.  Just wondering..... ..

Ang
BPO's Official Mistress of Mirth

Charter Member of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club

"And you will know us by the trail of skank."

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2005, 03:25:34 am »
Thanks, Jenn! I'm sure that some smack could be laid! hahahhaha!

Yeah, I think that its probably not going to be a huge big deal, but I'm still going to have to pay the attorney. Which is already up to about $500! YIKES!
Is it possible to have the judge order her to pay court costs & lawyer fees?...Will mark miss work?...Counter for loss of wages...How about because of her direct frivolous actions your dog was put down...Counter for what your dog cost even if it was just an adoption fee...Stick it back to her!...Maybe she'll think twice about dragging someone into court on such b.s. again!

Offline mixedupdog

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2005, 04:04:18 am »
I hate people who judge breeds at a glance, too- but in BOTH directions.  Like one member said about her Aussie, people ASSUME the dog is friendly by its looks, and that's just as stupid as assuming a dog is unfriendly by its breed or looks.
I also have a HUGE problem with newbies who know nothing about dogs, and don't do their homework.  Some dogs were bred to be more aggressive/protective than other breeds.  Individuals in those breeds may need a firmer hand or different training than a breed that was bred for a different purpose. I'm not saying that all dogs don't need training, I'm saying that some breeds are not suitable for someone who does not have the experience or force of personality to train them properly.  I used to work for animal control, and I saw lots of bites from dogs whose bewildered owner said "but I didn't TEACH him to be mean, I loved him and gave him everything he needed"-- never realizing that the dog needed discipline and structure. "