Poll

Should we have a second contest?

Yes- Option 1
Yes- Option 2
Yes- Option 3
No to all of the above
I don't care either way.

Author Topic: I need your thoughts on this situation regarding the BPO Calendar  (Read 4098 times)

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
Alright all BPOers I need your help. I have made a huge mistake with the calendar contest entries and I feel terrible! I have apologized to a few people but  not everyone and to all of you here at BPO, I am apologizing for being unorganized and incompitent with the calendar poll.  :o I have been having severe technical problems for the last month and have been switching back and forth between 4 different computers.  In this process, I have lost track of certain entries and unfortunately have left out some contestants.  :(

So, I am here to get your thoughts on a possible remedy for the problem:

Option 1: Add a second vote for those who were mistakenly left out. Once this vote is over, have a revote for the top 12 winners in both the first calendar contest and this calendar contest.

Option 2: Add a second vote for those who were mistakenly left out and for those who are new and didn't know about it or those who forgot to originally submit a picture. Once this vote is over, have a revote for the top 12 winners in both the first calendar contest and this calendar contest.

Option 3: Just apologize again to those people who were left out and wish them better luck next time. Special hopes the I can actually get it right next time.

Let me know what you think. This poll will be open until Sunday.
[/font]
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 04:01:47 am by jabear »
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline The Brindle Pack

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: I need your thoughts on this situation regarding the BPO Calendar
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 07:20:30 am »
I know that this was not an option but I really like the idea of EVERYONE being a part of this.  If there is a way to let all that want to participate I think that will make everyone happy.  Also, I think you will sell more calendars.  Just me, but if my guys were not in the calendar I don't think I would be purchasing one. 

Here is what the K9 Epi board did; this page is for May.

Cindy

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 08:36:16 am »
Since more than one person was left off, I would suggest a 16 or 18 month calendar. There is also the possiblilty of an Illustated Calendar with a Daily planner. You would need 65 photos; cover photo, photo next to month at a glance, and a photo next to each week of the year. There could be a bio, dog care tips, info regarding the breed etc. under the photo. This would be a big endeavor to take on. I do not know what cost would be, it could be prohibitive... but it's the kind of project that would literally include most daily/weekly posters and probably sell well to the general public. That may be your second calendar project.  For a quick solution, you may need to do collage pages of all the photos submitted and repost all photos for a vote for the cover dog.

Deena

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2005, 09:27:54 am »
ACK! I just accidentally voted for option 3.  :-[ I meant to vote for 'none of the above' since I like Jacksmom, or DaneInsaneLiz idea.

That's what I get for playing tug with Bubba and clicking at the same time. lol

GR8DAME

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005, 09:36:07 am »
I agree with Tina, Jaimie, it is hard to be perfect when trying to do 500 things at once and please 3157 members. Everyone makes mistakes, or an occaisonal oversight. At least you are trying to make it right.
There are always blank days at the end of the month, as well as the beginningof the month, fill those spots with additional pictures. There may be adequate spaces to include everyone. If the any of the suggested adjustments are too cost prohibitive, do what every other company does, and pass the cost on to the consumer. Paying a couple of bucks extra per calander is  minor compaired to seeing all of our BPO buddies immortalized forever.
I actually have nothing to lose or gain as I never submitted, but will be getting a calender for myself in any case, no matter who is featured.
Stella

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2005, 10:29:06 am »
While democracy is a wonderful thing, dictatorship is a more efficent form of government. You do what you think is best for the time allowed!

Offline jules

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 10:51:43 am »
I may be overloaded on Turkey but isnt option 1 and 2 the same?Anyway I like the idea of the 18 month calendar.

Offline nohesnotahorse

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 11:20:35 am »
Being a little on the goofy side and riddiculously busy lately, I forgot to send any pics of the boys.  I like option 2, but regardless of which outcome I  will still buy a calendar ( or 2).  The idea for a planner calendar is a great one, maybe something to consider for the next iteration of the BPO calendar.  And Jaime, don't worry about the mix-up, we all get sideways with so much going on... it's just great that y'all put so much effort into making this a great communitywith so much to offer!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 11:25:52 am by nohesnotahorse »
Tom, Overwhelmed, Overrun and Overruled by Feste, Chance and Puck!
'Aide toi et Dieu t'aidera.' (God helps those who help themselves.)
'Fortes fortuna juvat.' (Fortune favors the brave.)

Offline Good Hope

• Top Doggie Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 11:36:18 am »
While democracy is a wonderful thing, dictatorship is a more efficent form of government. You do what you think is best for the time allowed!

Seriously, this should be your decision.  You certainly can ask people for input and creative ideas, but, in the end, the decision MUST be yours.  We can all learn from this year's mistakes to make the next calendar as perfect as humanly possible.

Deena

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2005, 11:38:25 am »
I think do what is best for you and the time that you have. I love the idea of a planner, mainly cuz I need a new one. Of a calander that has everyone included like a collage type. It might make your life easier as you won't have to do revotes and so on.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline doglover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 12:19:40 pm »
You do what needs to be done. But I like the idea for the planner or the colloage idea too.

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 03:25:16 pm »
Just so that you know, the idea that I came up so that everyone was included before I knew that there was a mixup was to have all of the dogs that didn't make the top 12 showcase their beautiful selves on the cover. I though it would make it easier than making a longer calendar and more fun to look at too.

Thank you all very much for your support too...it means more than you could ever know.  :)
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 10:23:58 pm »
i don't really like the idea of a 18 month dealie.  (SORRY Y'ALL).  one of my favorite things to do every year is to get a new calendar....so i would rather buy one every 12 months....PLUS, when the 18 months are over, i gotta go get another one and wont get to use the first 6 months on it.  lol...i know this sounds stupid, but hey, it's me afterall. 

i think considering there were many left out, the process should start over.  it is only fair for the left out ones. 
NICKI

k2campbell

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 11:38:03 pm »
Jamie, I really feel you should do what is easiest for you.  This has been a huge amount of work and you don't need to be adding any more to the pile...

Just my opinion - but that's how I feel.  If it weren't for you there wouldn't even be a calendar anyhow!  You're only one person after all!

Kelly

Offline Newf Lover

• BPO Fanatic
  • Cool dog + Cold beer = Chilled Out
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ryanbrumley.com
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2006, 01:55:59 pm »
I look forward to seeing the calendar, but hopefully it gets done soon because we are starting week 2 of January and whoever gets this month is going to be shorted.  I guess that will probably be me now that I have pointed that out....   :-\    Sorry, I'm not complaining because I know putting this together is a lot of work, just anxious that's all.  It's going to be great!
My Newfoundland Lives My Life As Passionately As I Live His.