Author Topic: Howdy-new here  (Read 6148 times)

Offline berners

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Re: Howdy-new here
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2006, 06:19:41 am »
Welcome! I just love the picture of the group and am amazed you could get them all to sit still while the picture was being taken. I have a hard enough time with 3 :)
Jocelyne

Bart - Bernese Mountain Dog
Jessie - Leonberger
Cooper - Leonberger

Icerotti

« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2006, 06:20:39 am »
WOW, Love your gang ;)
I'm Michelle owned by  Puck an 8 yr old rotti, Farley a crazy 11 m0nth old Vizsla and Rosie our 11 week old weimaraner. Welcome ;D

Offline eightdogs4me

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
    • When There's A Will, There's A Way
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2006, 06:30:40 am »
Thanks again, everyone!  Re: the sitting still-it was a fluke, lol.  It was a one time thing, and I don't think I could ever get them to do it again.  The great part was it was the very first picture I took, too-no retakes!  I tell everyone it was because of my "magic bench" they are sitting on and around, but I know it was the handful of cookies I had heehee...

Wow, Michelle, you are a brave woman to have a Vizsla pup and a Weim pup at the same time, I bet you have all kinds of energy!  I love both breeds, but don't know if I'd have the energy to keep up with two pups at the same time, lol.
Emily and the gang

Kiahpyr

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2006, 06:37:58 am »
Welcome to BPO! I'm April and I have 7 animals. My pups are a 13 month old great pyrenees named Kiah and a 4 month old puppy named Kitana. We think she's pyr/german shepard. Kitana is my very silly rescue pup. I also have 3 cats and 2 bearded dragons.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2006, 06:48:11 am »
hello and welcome!!  I, too, am amazed by that picture.  Fluke or not, it certainly is amazing.

My name is Chris, and I am owned by Keiko, an 8 yr old husky/shep mix, Gunther, a almost 1 1/2 yr old great dane, Diego/Nigel and Posey, two 5 mo old rat terriers, and Lacy and Pasta, two cockatiels (12+ yrs and approx 1 yr).

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2006, 07:38:08 am »
Hi and welcome!!! ;D I am so glad I am not the only lunatic with a million dogs!!! :D That picture really is fantastic, and inspiring! I would love to get a shot of all mine... that would be a real accomplishment!

I have 8 dogs at my place right now... (and three cats.) ;D

Samson- foster Great Dane
Leeloo- 5 yr old Dane
Nigel- 14 month old Bloodhound mix
Zoot- 5 yr old Pointer mix
Mokey- 8 month old Lab/Airdale/Pyr mix
Mr. Furley- 1 yr old Husky/Sheepdog mix
Turkey-5 month old Husky mix
Rushmore- 7 yr old Terrier (terror)

I am looking forward to hearing your input and stories on the boards. Advice from other pack caretakers is great to hear! 
Again, welcome!!! :D

Offline CujoandShamus

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2006, 08:00:55 am »
You sure have a bunch of them. Lovely bunch.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2006, 01:34:49 pm »
Hello and welcome to BPO! You will love it here :)

What a nice big crew you have :)
RIP former BPO

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2006, 12:19:05 am »
Welcome to our big BPO family!  I am Lisa, own by two Great Pyrenees. Sugar Bear will be two in June and Dixie just turned one in January.  Your photos make me want to get to work on adding more fur-babies, but then again every photo I see makes me want another fur-baby. Glad you are here and maybe you can join us for a Southeast gettogether.

Lisa

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2006, 07:22:22 am »
Welcome - I am Harley the Flat Coated Retrievers Mom - Aside from 2 gold fish he is all that I have.  I want a second dog by hubby is being stubborn and isn't going for it. 

Your babies are beautiful and as so many others have said it is amazing that they are all sitting together.  I generally can't get just one to hold still for a picture. 

I look forward to the pictures and stories about your babies.

Offline longshadowfarms

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
    • Longshadow Farms
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2006, 12:42:04 am »
Howdy!  Glad you've joined the board!  We need more addicts here with gorgeous dogs!  This place has the best looking, cutest dogs on the web!  You'll know that for certain once you've seen them in the photo contest.  I love your avatar picture. That is absolutely awesome!  I'm currently very low on dogs after losing 3 in 4 months (2 to old age, one to autoimmune problems).  I'm hoping to get a 3 yr old female Anatolian Shepherd LGD next week and also hoping to get a Pyr male, but no definite prospects there yet.  I'm waiting impatiently for just the right fella.
Daphne