Author Topic: fumble's limping  (Read 58056 times)

Offline macybean

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: fumble's limping
« Reply #60 on: May 06, 2007, 10:37:22 am »
Oh, poor Fumble! I hope you have a speedy recovery! Hang in there.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 06, 2007, 10:49:21 am »
Did Fumble have partial tears or did he tear them both completely?  Either way I know it hurts and wish him a quick and speedy recovery.  Big hugs to both you and Stacy and big kisses to Fumble
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 06, 2007, 01:29:31 pm »
I hope that you are able to get something worked out with the surgeon tomorrow and that Fumble is feeling 100% soon!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 06, 2007, 05:44:23 pm »
Did Fumble have partial tears or did he tear them both completely?  Either way I know it hurts and wish him a quick and speedy recovery.  Big hugs to both you and Stacy and big kisses to Fumble

both were completely torn... gotta lvoe fumble, he's not like other normal dogs!!  hehe!
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2007, 05:45:19 pm »
thanks again everyone!!!  i'll send all of your hugs and kisses to the big guy!!  :)  i'll let ya all know if i hear from the vet today too!!
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"

Lyn

« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2007, 08:32:09 pm »

both were completely torn... gotta lvoe fumble, he's not like other normal dogs!!  hehe!

Ouch! Poor Fumble. :'( Give him hugs and kisses from me too.  :-*

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2007, 08:53:45 pm »
Hi,

Ohh poor boy. If you need anything you know us East Coasters are hear for all 3 of you!!!

Call, write or post if you guys need anything!!

Winslow and Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2007, 08:55:26 pm »
been thinking about you non-stop Fumbs... sending tons of healing vibes and hugs to you, your mom and Auntie!

Offline Winslow 151

• Paw-meister
  • Winslow at 6 Months
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2007, 10:24:31 pm »
Hi,

Any news from the Surgeon? Did you get in Yesterday?

Rich
Happy Tails to All
Winslow's Dad

Offline Cazzie

• Veteran Dog Chomper
  • Slave to Amba
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 08, 2007, 05:28:56 am »
Yep wondering about Fumble tooooo!!!!!
Proudly owned by Amba - Boston terrier
                 Merlin - Exotic Short hair cat
                 Harley - Ragdoll cat
RIP...Stormy & Balki - my Newfoundland Angels

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 08, 2007, 06:25:13 pm »
Hey guys, its stacy!
Poor guy, Eiren heard from the vet on Monday and they wanted her to come down right away but her stinky boss wouldn't let her go, so the earliest appt she could get was thursday night.. Which I dont know is a good thing because he seems to be getting worse.. :( its gone from a limp to a full on hobble from one leg to the other. I just feel so bad for him because he wants to be able to jump around a run but he cant and if he tries Eiren and I are both on top of him telling him to sit. I swear after this is all done and hes recovered he is never going to sit down!! :)
Thank you guys for all your thoughts and prayers, I know it has meant the world to Eiren and that has helped her so much with coping with all of this! You guys are all great!!
Well make sure to let everyone know how it goes on Thursday night, hopefully they can get him in this weekend??..

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2007, 07:59:22 pm »
I know Fumble has allergies but don't remember to what so not sure if these suggestions will work for you.  Can you give him a bone to chew on or a cow hoof?  I know when I was trying to keep Kaila from running and jumping the only way was to give her something to chew on and it was still a nightmare.  But bones and cow hooves were really the only things she would spend a long time on.  Maybe a kong would work for Fumble.  Hope that helps.  Big hugs and good thoughts for all of you.
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline seaherons

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2007, 07:40:26 pm »
We have been thinking a lot about Fumble!!!  How is he doing?  We feel as though we could write a book about ACL tears and treatment options.  Of course not knowing all the details about Fumble's case can't give advice or make any recommendation about what to do regarding the surgery.  We would encourage you to ask many questions and research all of the options so you can be as comfortable with your treatment decision as possible.  Fumble is hurting which makes you vulnerable.  ACL surgeries are not an emergency situation such as a car accident.  Taking a day or two to think things over probably won't be harmful to Fumble.  Swimming might be good to keep his muscle tone?  Has his back been checked?  A holistic vet who performs acupuncture or chiropractic may be able to offer another opinion.  Not that a holistic vet can "fix" a torn ACL however neither can a surgeon.  They stabilize the joint.  The ligament does not grow back together.  Arthritis will develop with surgery or without.  Is Fumble on any medication?  What is he eating?  We have brought up some different ideas and/or possible suggestions from things we learned when going through this with Cirra.  We are not saying don't have the surgery just make a well informed decision.  Good luck at the vet this evening.  It may help to write down any questions that you have since it is easy to forget them when in the vets office.  Let us know what the vet has to say.  Love to Fumble.  Any one else have any ideas or comments?

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2007, 07:50:14 pm »
Tonight's the night for Fumble's surgory?  I hope it all goes well.  he'll be fine afterwards and he'll be grateful that he'll be able to recover and keep on going with his rowdy self soon.  you'll see a big difference. 
Lady was always so relieved after her ACL's.  luckily we didn't have to have them both done at once.  you are going to be in for some hard work for his recovery. 
we'll be thinking about you and looking forward to updates on your boy.

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 10, 2007, 08:58:56 am »
ooookkkkkkaaaa yyyy... so here's the update!  took him to the vet today and we were supposed to fast, no water no food, which made me think.. hmm... surgery today???  No, no sugery today.  but i will tell you that fumble is probably at his worst today.  when we got out of the car to go into the vets, he laid down 4 times before we even got near the door.  we saw the surgeon, great guy!  and i had my list of questions, all of which he answered.  he explained the sugery to me, the tplo, and what they would do and everything.  i have to go back every 2 weeks after the staples are out and then we track his improvement.  he definately tore the left knee, right i guess is partial, but has a high probability of tearing in the next 3 months, and that's the earliest he would do the other one.  he said that he does an average of 8 knee sugeries each week, and that people come from all over. there was actually a dog there from the north shore (which is all the way above boston) and they drove all the way down to the south shore for emergency sugery (poor dogs screws popped out of his leg, now that's a botched up surgery i felt so bad for him!!!).... soooo that being said, fumble is going in tomorrow morning for surgery on his left acl, the tplo sugery.  we won't be able to see him tomorrow, saturday we can go visit him and then he may or may not come home on sunday, it depends on how he's walking on the other leg.  so if not then he'llcome home on monday.  i've already taken tomorrow and monday off as personal days, cause i'm pretty sure i won't be able to get anything accomplished anyways.  i'm going to be a basketcase without him for 3 days, but if it means he can walk again then we need to do it.  he really honestly isn't even walking today, fell up the one step to get on the deck. 
so tomorrow after i drop him off i'm going to get lots of throw rugs with the grips on the bottoms, plus wood to make ramps for t he deck and the porch.  we've already jumping proofed the porch, and i'll put the AC in there when it gets warm enough... soo that's the update.  i'm a nervous wreck, but i know it's for the best.  he's in so much pain right now, something has to help, anything! thanks again for all of your well wishes everyone!!  :) it not only means alot of me and stacy but to fumble too!!!